Irish's pickup from hell, the 454SS.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Every time I look at it in the driveway I get a boner. I seriously just want to hump this thing every time I see it. Bitches actually smile and wave at me when I drive this beast. My favorite thing about this pickup is I can haul garbage to the dump really ****** fast, like nothing will get garbage to the dump faster. I will be hauling the **** out of some groceries too, even though I live in Arizona I dont have to worry about ice cream melting because this pickup will be just FLYIN home tires squealing and everything.

You must be registered for see images attach

Here it is right after I got it, my in laws kinda chuckled when they herd that this was my dream car. I saved this thing, that tailgate is ugly like an abortion and whatever **** was on the hood definitely did not belong on a 454SS. Within literally an hour of owning this truck I had sanded the scorpion skull graphic thing off the hood.

The paint is oxidized to hell but I had a feeling it might buff out so I got after it. This picture is actually before I got it looking better, whole truck is actually looking great.

My wife knows me well, without even asking her the first day I owned it she ordered a decal kit off ebay.

The paint on the hood and tailgate was pretty much trashed, its all painted now.

Primer time

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'm curious what the head casting #'s are on this truck. If it's fast, I'd like to know if it's peanut ports, closed chamber, oval ports or what.

It needs some care, but for the price I'm sure you expected it to need to some work. You gotta do something about that seat though. That kinda the eye sore for the whole truck IMO.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
stock cam.

Overlap, 21°
Lobe separation, 117°
intake centerline, 115° ATDC
int. lift 0.398
exh. lift 0.430
int. adv. duration 254°
exh. adv. duration 256°
int. duration, deg @ .050 194°
exh. duration deg @ .050 195.5°
As far as heads...
Valves 2.07/1.72
118 cc chambers

GM does have a 502 retrofit kit specifically for that truck:pepper:

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
I'm curious what the head casting #'s are on this truck. If it's fast, I'd like to know if it's peanut ports, closed chamber, oval ports or what.

It needs some care, but for the price I'm sure you expected it to need to some work. You gotta do something about that seat though. That kinda the eye sore for the whole truck IMO.

I dont know what is under the hood but I plan on finding out. There is no way its stock, this thing is downright scary to drive at times. The seat is going, I am trying to trade someone those seats for a stock bench one. I have ads on local stuff and craigslist. I am about to just throw milk crates in it though.

Next pictures of it I post the thing will look like a 10 thousand dollar truck, just wait.

bigcountryguy19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
josh
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
6.2 diesel
Great truck, are you gonna put it back to stock, with the correct wheels and such?

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
I dont know what is under the hood but I plan on finding out. There is no way its stock, this thing is downright scary to drive at times. The seat is going, I am trying to trade someone those seats for a stock bench one. I have ads on local stuff and craigslist. I am about to just throw milk crates in it though.

Next pictures of it I post the thing will look like a 10 thousand dollar truck, just wait.

CL blows right now. Nobody wants my Burb.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
stock cam.

Overlap, 21°
Lobe separation, 117°
intake centerline, 115° ATDC
int. lift 0.398
exh. lift 0.430
int. adv. duration 254°
exh. adv. duration 256°
int. duration, deg @ .050 194°
exh. duration deg @ .050 195.5°
As far as heads...
Valves 2.07/1.72
118 cc chambers

GM does have a 502 retrofit kit specifically for that truck:pepper:

Sunuva bitch look at the lobe sepearation on that bitch. There's where all the torque is coming from. And it's all bottom end grunt and probably falls on it's face at top end as far as pull power. Nothing impressive on the heads. Still the low compression big chambers and stock valves. And it sitll might even have the peanut port heads since they too are all bottom end torque.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
:love62:
CL blows right now. Nobody wants my Burb.

Hard to believe someone just don't buy it to throw a Th350 in it for a fun and run vehicle.

The way things are looking, I won't get this house on the market til Mid May. But I'm pretty confident it will be sold in less than 10 days and be closed pretty quick. This house has to many saleable features, and everything priced right in this city sales within a matter of a week, 2 weeks at the most. Being a 4 bedroom, Mother In Law Floor Plan, Huge Lot, Cul De Sac, Backyard Access and cuz the rooms are small and the square footage not being big, it's a great price point for what it is.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Great truck, are you gonna put it back to stock, with the correct wheels and such?

Not with this truck, I am going to get a little wild with some stuff but it will always appear to be stock with its black paint and the decals. When these guys start messing with that stuff it gets to me. The interior too, its supposed to be red but this guy started changing everything. I really like the wheels that are on it, they are staying.

Sunuva bitch look at the lobe sepearation on that bitch. There's where all the torque is coming from. And it's all bottom end grunt and probably falls on it's face at top end as far as pull power. Nothing impressive on the heads. Still the low compression big chambers and stock valves. And it sitll might even have the peanut port heads since they too are all bottom end torque.

Just wait dude, its running great as of now so I am focusing on other **** but one day its going to get a upper engine rebuild. Pretty sure it might have a burnt valve from that guy driving it around with the vacuum leak so I need to plan on it anyways. Ebay has some bad ass heads for cheap.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Not with this truck, I am going to get a little wild with some stuff but it will always appear to be stock with its black paint and the decals. When these guys start messing with that stuff it gets to me. The interior too, its supposed to be red but this guy started changing everything. I really like the wheels that are on it, they are staying.

Just wait dude, its running great as of now so I am focusing on other **** but one day its going to get a upper engine rebuild. Pretty sure it might have a burnt valve from that guy driving it around with the vacuum leak so I need to plan on it anyways. Ebay has some bad ass heads for cheap.

I'd get an alarm or ignition disable on it soon. That's still got the pretty easy to pop ignition cylinder. Get it looking to good and the decals knowing it's a SS, it'll get taken. Even a hidden toggle switch on the Electric fuel pump wire is better than nothing. It can't start without the fuel pump.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
IMO the stock SS rims would make that truck looks a million times better. I'd love to own a set of the stock rims that came on those SS trucks (along with the Sports and a few other variations as well). Just a very clean rim IMO

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
IMO the stock SS rims would make that truck looks a million times better. I'd love to own a set of the stock rims that came on those SS trucks (along with the Sports and a few other variations as well). Just a very clean rim IMO

No way man. I cant believe you have not noticed the mirrors yet, I figured you would flip out over those mirrors on it.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
No way man. I cant believe you have not noticed the mirrors yet, I figured you would flip out over those mirrors on it.

:lol: I'm surprised you haven't switched those yet :roflbow:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbass91120