Belt Hell

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Hi all! I used up every ounce of energy this afternoon wrestling with my friggin belts. 1987 Chevy R10. Three belts. AC truck and power steering. Got them all in place. Alternator belt is good to go. Power steering pretty good too. Any tricks on how to get my AC compressor lined back up with the bracket and mounting bolt? I have tried everything. I Have every bolt imaginable loosened and it just doesn’t wanna move much.

Big Ray

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
maybe a slightly longer belt?
I had an 87, don't recall needing to take off the compressor to change the belt. But, its been quite a while...

Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Thanks Big Ray! Didn't take it off. Just loosened the two bolts in the tensioning brackets. Somewhere along the way it pulled forward. Eventually, after a lot of sweat equity, I got it done. Now, of course, my squeal has stopped but it's apparent that the AC compressor clutch is bad. LOL #moneypit

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheify