What are you using to paint wing window frames

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kkgp81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kelley
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
What kind of paint are you using to refinish your wing window frames? It almost looks like black appliance epoxy would throw the factory style shine but just curious as I’m working to rebuild a couple.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Paint will be temporary regardless what type. Powder Coat.
Only as “temporary” as any other automotive quality paint.
It would be fruitless to rattle can paint them, but most every old original square I see, the paint or pc is gone.
Agree satin is probably “correct” for sheen. Idk don’t remember that far back to when they were new trucks.
I used the single stage chassis black which is less glossy. And I clear coated them immediately before the single stage cured. I’d expect them to last as long as the rest of the new paint on the truck.

kkgp81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kelley
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I’m not setup to do PC but I’m setup to do cerakote and Norrels Moly resin. I’ve got a gloss Borrels black that I used on some MP5 builds that may work. Either way probably worth a shot.

Old Guy Bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
A big powder coating facility is among the many things I take care of in my job at a manufacturing company, I’ll definitely be getting mine done.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I’m not setup to do PC but I’m setup to do cerakote and Norrels Moly resin. I’ve got a gloss Borrels black that I used on some MP5 builds that may work. Either way probably worth a shot.
Wow, fancy! I’d say either of those would be a solid option. Full disclosure never heard of Norrels resin had to look it up.

kkgp81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kelley
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Wow, fancy! I’d say either of those would be a solid option. Full disclosure never heard of Norrels resin had to look it up.

On past weapons I’ve used Norrels on the only way to get the finish off was hard sanding or sandblasting.

This is an example of the gloss on a 33K I built and F1’ed. Pretty legit tough stuff. They make an air dry but I use the bake on.

You must be registered for see images attach

I was reading the can of appliance epoxy and it states indoor use only so that’s off the table. I know on weapons people will bake it on and it’s tough but my guess is it has little to no UV protection.

BlazerBill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K5 Blazer
Engine Size
I just bought this SprayMax two part (paint and hardener) 2K satin spray paint to try on my vent window frames, steering columns and other misc parts. I haven’t tried it yet. Got it from Amazon but Eastwood sells a similar product.

Attachments

• IMG_9383.jpeg
    IMG_9383.jpeg
    150.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9384.jpeg
    IMG_9384.jpeg
    131.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9385.jpeg
    IMG_9385.jpeg
    117.9 KB · Views: 5

Latest posts

Forum statistics