Interior mounting locations for 1911 and long guns

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmbcary44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Truck Year
Truck Model
v1500 Suburban
Engine Size
5.7L 350 SBC
I am planning to build a custom center console in my suburban but was curious to see if anyone else had come up with any good mounting options for their weapon of choice. type or model is really relevant just wanted to see if anyone had any pics or good location ideas, obviously access is important for your carry choice but I also carry rifles and shotguns so if anyone has ideas for that too it would be nice.

I personally don't want it known to any on looker they are in the vehicle but even if you have them mounted in sight of others please share along with what components you used.

I have looked through the multiple google images and console vault sites...which seem impractical for easy access but good for locking, maybe there is a best of both worlds option.

I am going to have a mount option for the console but still want something outside it within reach (maybe one of the overhead trays you can buy??)

I thought about a false bottom in the rear too but with a platform going in for camping I may have to make something else. ammo storage ideas would be cool too

ADTrumble

Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I wanna do a rack against the back seat so when u flop seat forward
Voila
Pick ur choice
Need some system to keep them locked into place tho
And just keep 1 accessible on top
(Most likly a cheap brack action 12g that i wont Heart broke if its stollen)
And there out of sight
Because I'm not a fan of locking my vehicles but idk

jmbcary44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Truck Year
Truck Model
v1500 Suburban
Engine Size
5.7L 350 SBC
Yeah I get what your saying, kind of like the Molle set ups I see online. The DUHA bins are cool too, I was going fab something up before putting everything back in my suburban since its gutted currently. I like the idea that my sidearm is with me up front but I want something inconspicuous and sturdy in back for long guns. I don't trust roof mount options and I think they are still visible from the outside. I do have a cheap 12 gauge but would be carrying my hunting rifles really so I gotta figure something out. Why not make it cool instead of run of the mill ya know. thanks for the input, let me know if you make something...post up a pic

ADTrumble

Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Will do
Didnt know they had mounts like that online honestly
I have a bench seat do think it will b perfect for a shot gun
And i think if its mounted on top of the seat (provided the seat isn't tight to the back of the cab) i think ill b able to acces it fairly quickly and easily
Propaby sawed off New England break action beater since hand guns r a pain in ny
I do have awsome little 9mm keltec riffle but like to much to carry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ls85c10man