Inner Cab Heater/AC Housing Reference Pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cobra20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Hans
Truck Year
1991, 1974
Truck Model
V1500 Suburban, K5 Blazer
Engine Size
5.7L
probably to take the outer suitcase off of the firewall I bet

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Thanks, it is just the 2 under the box. Not sure what the bolt is for

Yep, just the 2 nuts on the threaded studs from the airbox inside the cab.

diablo243

Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
V8
Ok so I know this is an old post but hoping some people in the know are a still watching it. Considering buying 1990 K2500 Suburban, body is decent no rust, clean lift, nice tires but then there is this:

You must be registered for see images attach

And this:

No factory HVAC parts that I can see maybe some stuff under dash but hard to tell by pics. My question is how hard does anyone think it would be to put the stock HVAC system together, assuming all the electrical and vacuum connections are still there? In addition the dash control panel and all vents are missing but I think I can get the truck on the cheap. If I found a parts car would the switch be "fairly" painless for a mechanically inclined person (took the entire dash out of my navigator to change heater core, put it back together and everything still worked! So from looking at pics in here this seems like a cake walk)?

Thanks all!

Michael Benardo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
C 25
Engine Size
292 Cubes
Strange. I guess those two pictures are wrong then. In that case, where does T on the line with the orange tracer go? I know the main section goes to that passenger-side air vent door, but where does the branch go to?

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
Strange. I guess those two pictures are wrong then. In that case, where does T on the line with the orange tracer go? I know the main section goes to that passenger-side air vent door, but where does the branch go to?

The orange tracer vacuum line connects the door in the passenger kick panel and the flapper door located in the cowl on the passenger side of the cowl (outside of the cab). Both of these are actuated only in MAX mode on the A/C control.

Michael Benardo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
C 25
Engine Size
292 Cubes
Ok, so THAT'S what that other valve is for, and why I can't find any heater boxes with it. I guess I can ignore it for the time being, and just plug that branch line, as the flapper in the cowl is probably something that can't be added. Thanks a whole lot.

Everybody who answered, MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Michael Benardo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
C 25
Engine Size
292 Cubes
The orange tracer vacuum line connects the door in the passenger kick panel and the flapper door located in the cowl on the passenger side of the cowl (outside of the cab). Both of these are actuated only in MAX mode on the A/C control.

Michael Benardo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
C 25
Engine Size
292 Cubes
One more thing - I have seen retro-fit water valves available for 73 and 74 heater core. Which line should go to it if I use one?

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD

Your the man!!! :favorites37:

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
I guess I can ignore it for the time being, and just plug that branch line, as the flapper in the cowl is probably something that can't be added. Thanks a whole lot.

You can add it. It's only 2 screws. I had torn my flapper and found one on ebay for about $35 with the vacuum pod included.

Bennyt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
You can add it. It's only 2 screws. I had torn my flapper and found one on ebay for about $35 with the vacuum pod included.

Ok, so THAT'S what that other valve is for, and why I can't find any heater boxes with it. I guess I can ignore it for the time being, and just plug that branch line, as the flapper in the cowl is probably something that can't be added. Thanks a whole lot.

I probably have the part you are looking for. I have 1 complete assembly out of a '77 and one partial. post a pic of what you need and I'll dig it out if interested.

Michael Benardo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
C 25
Engine Size
292 Cubes
Ok so I know this is an old post but hoping some people in the know are a still watching it. Considering buying 1990 K2500 Suburban, body is decent no rust, clean lift, nice tires but then there is this:

And this:

No factory HVAC parts that I can see maybe some stuff under dash but hard to tell by pics. My question is how hard does anyone think it would be to put the stock HVAC system together, assuming all the electrical and vacuum connections are still there? In addition the dash control panel and all vents are missing but I think I can get the truck on the cheap. If I found a parts car would the switch be "fairly" painless for a mechanically inclined person (took the entire dash out of my navigator to change heater core, put it back together and everything still worked! So from looking at pics in here this seems like a cake walk)?

Thanks all!
Assuming it was a non AC car, you have to weld the square air opening for the heater shut and cut a new one further toward the center, as the opening on AC cars is not in the same spot, or, you could cut that section out of both your firewall and the parts car's, and swap them, if you are good at welding. You would have to remove and replace the interior firewall pad though. That's what I am finishing up on my 73 GMC C25. It might be easier to go with Vintage Air, as their kit is made to be used with a non AC vehicle. I didn't know about them at the time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laqota