I want a rear sliding window!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
is there any inherent benefit of the 2 piece slider over 1? Im asking cause ive only ever used a 2 piece.
My dads square, my square x2, my f150 all have 2 piece that conveniently you cant buy seals for lol. But Does it do something a 1 piece cant? Or just styling?

dont get me wrong, we arent putting solid 1 piece glass in the rear of any truck windows around here. that would be a sin.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
is there any inherent benefit of the 2 piece slider over 1? Im asking cause ive only ever used a 2 piece.
My dads square, my square x2, my f150 all have 2 piece that conveniently you cant buy seals for lol. But Does it do something a 1 piece cant? Or just styling?

dont get me wrong, we arent putting solid 1 piece glass in the rear of any truck windows around here. that would be a sin.
I think it's personal preference. My Dodge came with a one piece and it's not worth it to change, because I prefer the 2 piece. I think the 2 pieces are easier to open and close while driving because it's two smaller pieces of glass, slide. But I think two pieces are more prone the leaking. Some two pieces also open a larger area than one pieces.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Two piece (i.e. four pane) opens to a larger opening. However, it leaves a vertical bar dead center in the rear view mirror when closed. Personal preference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeD