HRPC--Skip White Distributor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
I have the TBI one. Excellent piece.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
That's the same damn Dizzy. Pro Comp makes them in China and they are sold in White Box which Skip does, and also sold in other names at other places. I'll assure you, can buy a Pro Comp dizzy at Summit or Jegs too. It'll be named different and you'll pay more for it. Gotta be careful buying some stuff. For example, I've been told SOME of the Summit brand intakes are made in China too. And I've heard of the cheap China intakes having issues with the runners lining up with the head ports properly. Most are able to be sorta fixed by porting the runner to match, but that's just ****. IMO, some things just aren't worth the skimping. These dizzies, for a stocker, I've not had a problem, know many people who haven't. This is the first bad I've heard about them, but I'm not surprised.

ScottyB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
phantom
Engine Size
2 squirrels
So is there an economical option for a coil to go with it or do you just bite the bullet and get the ACDelco from Rockauto? I see where there are cheaper options but are they more trouble then they are worth?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
So is there an economical option for a coil to go with it or do you just bite the bullet and get the ACDelco from Rockauto? I see where there are cheaper options but are they more trouble then they are worth?

The OEM HEI style, it comes with a coil too. It's a Turn Key option. Pull your old dizzy, drop this one in and plug it in and go. The cap, rotor, HEI Ignition Module, Coil, Pick Up coil and all is included. Even comes with a new Dizzy gasket between the dizzy and the block. Hard to go wrong for $50, even though it is cheap.

With the new compaint, I think I'd keep it to a fairly stocker motor. If the shaft has tendancy to bend, it for sure has tendancy to break. I know now, the next one I buy, I will inspect it. I fully intend with fundage gets better, I want to buy another just to sit around for just because. Being a Chevy V8 Dizzy fits both SBC and BBC, I know I'll use it someday. I currently have one in my 454 C20 and my 350 K1500 with the 350 GMCP crate motor.

ScottyB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
phantom
Engine Size
2 squirrels
The OEM HEI style, it comes with a coil too. It's a Turn Key option. Pull your old dizzy, drop this one in and plug it in and go. The cap, rotor, HEI Ignition Module, Coil, Pick Up coil and all is included. Even comes with a new Dizzy gasket between the dizzy and the block. Hard to go wrong for $50, even though it is cheap.

With the new compaint, I think I'd keep it to a fairly stocker motor. If the shaft has tendancy to bend, it for sure has tendancy to break. I know now, the next one I buy, I will inspect it. I fully intend with fundage gets better, I want to buy another just to sit around for just because. Being a Chevy V8 Dizzy fits both SBC and BBC, I know I'll use it someday. I currently have one in my 454 C20 and my 350 K1500 with the 350 GMCP crate motor.

OK, I guess I misunderstood when they said you just needed to add a fresh coil.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
That was the retrofit model you first posted that I mistaked for the TBI unit. It does not have an internal coil like the OEM HEI non computer controlled has.

You must be registered for see images

ScottyB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
phantom
Engine Size
2 squirrels
That was the retrofit model you first posted that I mistaked for the TBI unit. It does not have an internal coil like the OEM HEI non computer controlled has.

You must be registered for see images

OK, that helps. Hopefully I can do this soon. I probably would have ordered one today if it weren't for the fact I've been home with the flu for the last 3 days. Granted, others are doing worse but I do have to watch dollars and cents.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
A few years ago I bought the cheap MSD branded StreetFire dizzy from Jegs. It may or may not be the same as the Skip White dizzy, but it did cost more (I was at Jegs buying a bunch of other parts anyway). It has been working fantastic in my very mild 350, no complaints here.

bobkyle2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size

That intake has a raised runner, Its actually supposed to help, but only lines up with matching heads and gaskets.. I can't really remember off the top of my head.

r.booser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I just bought one and threw it on. Haven't heard anything but good things of them so far.

bobkyle2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
If any of you guys pull the cap, Get some pictures of the underside of the cap and dizzy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jingle1