How do YOU keep your door jambs clean?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Been meaning to ask this here for months. Let's hear how you do this and what you use. This area of the vehicle usually gets neglected from what I see. All the dirt and pollen that washes down in there and builds up thick.

How do YOU keep your door jambs clean? :popcorn:

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I hand wash my vehicles when the weather is warm enough. When I dry, the first towel will get pretty damp. After I am done with the outside I use the first towel to wipe down the door jambs. With a towel having eight wiping/drying surfaces, there is plenty of clean yet damp towel to effectively clean the jambs. The bottoms of the doors and jambs are the worst places at collecting dirt and grime. Always start at the top of the doors and jambs. That's how I was taught!

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I do the same, use a damp towel to clean them. Then if there's a foggy residue leftover when it's dry, it gets wiped with a dry towel.

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
I hand wash my vehicles when the weather is warm enough. When I dry, the first towel will get pretty damp. After I am done with the outside I use the first towel to wipe down the door jambs. With a towel having eight wiping/drying surfaces, there is plenty of clean yet damp towel to effectively clean the jambs. The bottoms of the doors and jambs are the worst places at collecting dirt and grime. Always start at the top of the doors and jambs. That's how I was taught!

Same here. Its usually the last thing I do with the towel since it really dirties up the towel.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I used Simple Green on a rag on the '89's rusty assed door jambs lol.

Seriously though this is something bugging the **** out of me.

If you hand wash or go through the car wash, who the phuck worries about their door jambs being cleaned up? I want to bring attention to this issue and save some door jambs.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I use a damp soapy towel followed by a damp cloth then dry it

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Well Silvy's have been neglected so I got to dive into this lol! One thing about the lighter colored paint is it really makes this kind of thing stand out when you open the doors.

GTME94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500 C6P Camper Special
Engine Size
454/TH400/14bff 3.73
Sometimes at the end of the wash process while still having a bucket of suds and soap mitt, I'll open the doors and use the soap on the jambs, then close the door and try to rinse the soap out through the door gaps. This gets the worst layer of crud off but doesn't get rinsed all the great. Then follow up with the towel like others mentioned.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I always takes a five gallon bucket of sudsy dishsoap and hot water to the carwarsh along wit a hand mit { a rhyme indeeedee} and run the carwarsh on soap mode,knocking off the worst of the dirt,then after the coins runs out, get out the bucket and mit, give it a thorough going over, open them doors and mit warsh them, close the doors,rinse cycle the carwarsh, cleaning and filling the bucket with clear water, thoroughly rinsing the hand mit too, open them doors after the coinage has run out, thoroughly rinse them jambs and door surfaces that cant be got with the carwarsh facilities, dry`er off and go.

notverrysmart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
EJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
It depends how long its been for me. Usually the first time I hand wash for the spring I will use simple green in a spray bottle a few rolls of paper towels and a tooth brush making sure to get the seal really clean, then follow up with some armor- all or similar on the seals to try to keep them from drying out. After that I usually just use a damp towel as mentioned above.
The door jambs are one of the things that bug me because they always seem 20x dirtier than the rest of the vehicle.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Hit that with some good degreaser and it'll be just like new :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fnny6770