Storing Power and Air tools? How do you do it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smullen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I6
So, im starting to accumulat a few tools.
Sanders, die and angle grinders, etc, etc..

Some power, some air.
How do you store them all???

Aside from cordless drills, I have one of those stations for those that has a spot to hang like drills and a power strip built in to plug in the chargers and place for bits, a accessories and what not.

Let's see some ideas for organization.

Soundmound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
I'm rolling with one of these. It works for now and if you hit the couple big sales you get 30% off. So far I like it just fine and I'd get another if I needed the space. I would like one of those cordless tool hanger systems though.

smullen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I6
I'm rolling with one of these. It works for now and if you hit the couple big sales you get 30% off. So far I like it just fine and I'd get another if I needed the space. I would like one of those cordless tool hanger systems though.

I looked at a few of those and i liked them, but I'd need one where all the drawers were like 3" or so inches deep.

Many of the tools can get bulky or have off shapes making them take up too much room in the 1-2" shallow drawers.

Then there is all their accessories (disks, wheels, bits, blades etc)

I'm thinking about clear off one of my big shelves filled with totes and boxes and laying tools on each shelf...

Won't look really cool, I know...
I'll probably change my mind several times before I finally settle on something.

smullen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I6
Also I'm outta floor and wall space...
Anything new is going to have to take the space of something else...

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
All of my air tools get stored in the bottom drawer of my toolbox. I used to keep my DA's and air board in there too, but in the last couple years have moved those to a wall mount cabinet with my sandpaper, seam sealer, panel bond, grinder disc's, etc. My cordless Dewalt stuff all gets crammed into a soft tool bag.

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
I want to find a better way to store my corded stuff. Drills and such are in my deep bottom drawer but my circular saw won’t fit.

Every now and then I go down the rabbit hole of google images for that stuff but I haven’t seen anything that was “the one”.

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
I don't have much in the way of air tools. I keep them on a hunk of scrap aluminum rail that has some female chucks installed. I guess I could always make it longer if I acquire more tools. (The silver box is a digital air gauge.)

You must be registered for see images attach

My corded tools are kind of a mess. They sit on this shelf in a narrow hallway that's attached to the garage. That hallway is handy though, I have shelves running it's 20' length for all my junk and my air compressor sits at the opposite end. With the door closed I can barely hear it running.

smullen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I6
I want to find a better way to store my corded stuff. Drills and such are in my deep bottom drawer but my circular saw won’t fit.

Every now and then I go down the rabbit hole of google images for that stuff but I haven’t seen anything that was “the one”.
I'm like you...

I see a few interesting setup, but none that I like, THATs THE ONE...

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
All my air tools at the shop get a draw in my tool box. All the air tool I have on the farm go into a cabnet. If space is a real concern for you consider getting one of those metal shelves with doors on it. like this:

I have 4 in the barn on the farm. They take up minimal space, shelves inside and you can lock them up. And I've gotten mine for cheap from garage sales.

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Occasionally, I check Craigslist for one of those vertical gym locker things with ~15” square cubbies with doors. I used to see them off and on but now that I want one I never see any.

smullen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I6
All my air tools at the shop get a draw in my tool box. All the air tool I have on the farm go into a cabnet. If space is a real concern for you consider getting one of those metal shelves with doors on it. like this:

I have 4 in the barn on the farm. They take up minimal space, shelves inside and you can lock them up. And I've gotten mine for cheap from garage sales.
I do like those.
I have two that I keep ammo and mags in.
One half/ side is filled with large yellow buns that are filled with mags, the other side is stacked with boxes of ammo.

The bottom shelf is filled with .30 and .50 call ammo cans of 556, .300 blk, .45 and I think one or two of. 40..

I'd like to use them.for my tools but my stupid garage is so full, id never get the doors open.. :)

Gives me some ideas though.

Lil'm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
1979 1980
Truck Model
K10 shorts
Engine Size
w

Last edited:

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
I've got that 56" US General box that was posted above ^ and all my corded tools are in the long bottom drawer, I use velcro cable ties to keep them semi-organized and easy to move around. My battery powered stuff is in the narrow bottom drawer on the right. Works ok for now but I also don't have a ton of those kinds of tools yet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128