Holley or edelbrock?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Splandman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
What about building these for performance? Say 400hp

Mark built a Quadrajet for me. It's going on a 383 stroker, the engine should be done and on the dyno within a week or two. I will let you know what it does. I am hoping for at least 400hp.

87scotty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 for now
Mark built a Quadrajet for me. It's going on a 383 stroker, the engine should be done and on the dyno within a week or two. I will let you know what it does. I am hoping for at least 400hp.

That was and may still be my plan for sure let me know what kind of economy you get out of it! Are you running vortec heads

Splandman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
That was and may still be my plan for sure let me know what kind of economy you get out of it! Are you running vortec heads

When I ordered my carb I told him it was going on a basically stock 350, plans changed and now it's going in a different truck completely. I'm not sure my build is a good gauge for economy. It isn't what I would call radical or anything but certainly a little more than a stock build.

The engine basics are:

Speedmaster79 crank, rods, flat tops.
1998 Block
Promaxx Aluminum Heads (72cc combustion Chambers and 185 CC runners)
Comp Cams Roller
(these numbers may change a little, it's a custom grind cam and the last time I spoke with the builder he was waiting for a reply from Comp on whether or not this would be ok with power brakes)
.236/.242 @ 50 thousandths
.110 Lobe Separation
.553 Intake Lift
.569 Exhaust Lift
Comp Cams Roller Rockers
Edelbrock RPM Air-Gap
MSD Ready to Run Billet distributor with MSD Blaster Coil
Taylor Wires

87scotty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 for now
I may spring for the aluminum heads just always worries me mesh in cast iron and aluminum still we be interested on how it does

Splandman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I may spring for the aluminum heads just always worries me mesh in cast iron and aluminum still we be interested on how it does

These heads aren't expensive when compared to other aluminum heads. They are a little more than the Pro Comp heads were but have received much better reviews. I guess I will find out pretty soon if they suck or not. They were $840 shipped. Out of coincidence my machine shop had been contacted by Promaxx to be a dealer but had not responded. He was going to take them apart and look them over, clean them up if he felt they needed to be. There is a guy on youtube with a series of videos on them. (Headbytes Porting).

Don5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
k15
Engine Size
These heads aren't expensive when compared to other aluminum heads. They are a little more than the Pro Comp heads were but have received much better reviews. I guess I will find out pretty soon if they suck or not. They were $840 shipped. Out of coincidence my machine shop had been contacted by Promaxx to be a dealer but had not responded. He was going to take them apart and look them over, clean them up if he felt they needed to be. There is a guy on youtube with a series of videos on them. (Headbytes Porting).

Keep us posted on the results. I have heard some good things about these heads. I am also thinking about buying a set as well.

Splandman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Keep us posted on the results. I have heard some good things about these heads. I am also thinking about buying a set as well.

I posted pics of the Dyno Sheets in my build thread. Engine made 429 HP and 446 ft lbs torque with the ProMaxx heads and the Quadrajet built by Mark.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhardiman1