Hi. New guy here...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

76GMC

Reaction score
First Name
Geek
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I followed 07burb's (TYF) sig link, and found this place.
I'm pretty excited cuz I'm an 80's child and these old trucks look the best to me. They are my favorite body styles.

I own a 76 pickup DETAILS HERE.
You must be registered for see images

BTW, the neighbor has a family owned GM dealership and was the service manager for 30years. He retired in 1990 so his fields are full of nothing but squarebodies just sitting there. I picked up this plow truck for a case of beer. I have a video that I took on the day I picked it up. I still love that gurgling sound it makes with no exhaust. I'll post it up if anyone is interested.

And a 1991 K5.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Welcome man :handshake: it was my link you followed! :) glad you joined up man! We love our square bodies here :)

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Welcome Geek! We are always interested in more media on your pickup, looks sweet as hell.

76GMC

Reaction score
First Name
Geek
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Thanks guys!

I'll post up the vid tomorrow at work.

I don't know that my truck is sweet compared to some of the trucks I'm seeing here! You'll have to excuse me, I'm soaking in the pics. You'll have to remember that most vehicles don't make it past ten years old up here. So even my OBS is elderly and starting to get skin cancer. Let alone dream about OOBS rigs being in good shape.

I saw the title of a thread called what's it worth...who cares if it's clean and runs! I got mine for a case of beer! This site is already blowing my mind! They are so rare up here that the fact that you guys can debate buying one or the other is fantastic.

I can tell I'm gonna be up all night going over old posts!

EDIT: I think I'm gonna have to lurk for a few months.. hehe.. figure out your lingo....What are dumbo mirrors that I keep reading? vs other mirrors? vs mirrors on mine? LOL....

Last edited:

76GMC

Reaction score
First Name
Geek
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Welcome man :handshake: it was my link you followed! :) glad you joined up man! We love our square bodies here :)

Thanks. I'm 99yuk at TYF.

I really like these. My all time favorite is what 89suburban has;
You must be registered for see images attach

MY ALL TIME FAVORITE!!!!!! Ever!!! I'll never get one in my lifetime. They are so rare up here.. The last time I even saw a OOBS suburban on the road up here was ~5 years ago. And you guys are going on road trips with them???

Man, I'm sporting serious wood here.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Yep, that's mine and it's actually not a common sight around here either. Most are rotted out and have quarter panels flapping in the breeze.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Awesome 76GMC, way to follow a siggy. Tell 07 Thanks. Glad to have you !!! :High 5:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I followed 07burb's (TYF) sig link, and found this place.
I'm pretty excited cuz I'm an 80's child and these old trucks look the best to me. They are my favorite body styles.

I own a 76 pickup DETAILS HERE.

BTW, the neighbor has a family owned GM dealership and was the service manager for 30years. He retired in 1990 so his fields are full of nothing but squarebodies just sitting there. I picked up this plow truck for a case of beer. I have a video that I took on the day I picked it up. I still love that gurgling sound it makes with no exhaust. I'll post it up if anyone is interested.

And a 1991 K5.

Video????? Uhhhhhhh yeah !!! We encourage pic and video ******* !!! Post Up !!!

Last edited:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
He did, it's our buddy Old77. :waytogo:

Oh yeah, I forgot about the split personalities. I shoulda known. Thanks for the update RetroSierraGT !!!

BTW- Thread moved to Introductions.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Thanks. I'm 99yuk at TYF.

I really like these. My all time favorite is what 89suburban has;

MY ALL TIME FAVORITE!!!!!! Ever!!! I'll never get one in my lifetime. They are so rare up here.. The last time I even saw a OOBS suburban on the road up here was ~5 years ago. And you guys are going on road trips with them???

Man, I'm sporting serious wood here.

Thats un believable. I need to look into a car hauler, I already got the passport. I **** you not, this thing was free. Some guy had my Dad and I clear off a lot and included was this 6.2 Suburban, runs and drives.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
What are dumbo mirrors that I keep reading? vs other mirrors? vs mirrors on mine? LOL....

I think I might coined the term 'Dumbo mirrors' for this forum but the term has been around forever. They are the mirrors that are on most of the squares and are sometimes called 'paddle mirrors'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jingle1