Hello out there

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

84c10Tony

Howdy!
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Was 84
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Been reading here all day, and a lot of you guys (especially old 77 and buds with 51 pages of the 87 burb) are definitely "out there" LMAO. Feels right at home!
Seeing the site some time ago I remembered something about humor, a little respect, and real help, the good stuff, what life should be like.
For some reason I found my way back here, and joined this time.
For all of you guys wrenching on things, sincerely enjoy that, I never would have thought a lifetime of fixing things, working on old vehicles, woodworking,... using the hands would ever have stopped, but the hands stopped working after some spine and nerve damage, So...appreciate what you have, skilled or not.
:popcorn:....Thanks for a lot of laughs here and info, good site here guys, it is nice to read about the projects.
Out in the boonies in So Cal hi desert, an old cabin and space, old Golden Retriever and a couple old trucks.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Welcome to the site..

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
:welcome:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Been reading here all day, and a lot of you guys (especially old 77 and buds with 51 pages of the 87 burb) are definitely "out there" LMAO. Feels right at home!
Seeing the site some time ago I remembered something about humor, a little respect, and real help, the good stuff, what life should be like.
For some reason I found my way back here, and joined this time.
For all of you guys wrenching on things, sincerely enjoy that, I never would have thought a lifetime of fixing things, working on old vehicles, woodworking,... using the hands would ever have stopped, but the hands stopped working after some spine and nerve damage, So...appreciate what you have, skilled or not.
:popcorn:....Thanks for a lot of laughs here and info, good site here guys, it is nice to read about the projects.
Out in the boonies in So Cal hi desert, an old cabin and space, old Golden Retriever and a couple old trucks.
Welcome to GMSB, Glad you decided to sign up and join the antics.:cheers:

Victorville is certainly high desert, but it's far from the boonies now days. I do remember when it was the boonies though. Seems Victorville and Needles were just stops along the way to get to Havasu or Mohave and all those Colorado River stops or Gambling stops like Vegas or Laughlin. Now it's seems it's pretty much big city with traffic, crime and all the things I left Los Angeles for in Dec of 90. :shrug:

Hate to admit I have the same medical conditions in common too. Lucky for me, I'm not totally done just yet, but it's going that way rapidly. I not only have it in my shoulders, arms and hands, but my legs, knees, ankles and feet too. Nerve damage and Neuropathy is no joke. Let's hope medical technology makes some more advances. I think I'm going to allow the surgery on my hands and ulnar nerve in my elbow, but I think I'm going to pass on another lower back surgery and for sure the neck surgery. I'll live with that as long as I can.

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
Welcome to the board. There is a lot of great information here. I have a friend that has picked up quite a few nice rust free high desert International trucks from the Victorville area.

I here ya in on the injury stuff. I had back surgery about 7 years ago and within the last two carpal tunnel and ulnar nerve surgery. I never got back all my strength, but I can work on my truck 3-4 hours at a time. It's just going to take longer this time to restore my truck.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Welcome to the board. There is a lot of great information here. I have a friend that has picked up quite a few nice rust free high desert International trucks from the Victorville area.

I here ya in on the injury stuff. I had back surgery about 7 years ago and within the last two carpal tunnel and ulnar nerve surgery. I never got back all my strength, but I can work on my truck 3-4 hours at a time. It's just going to take longer this time to restore my truck.

Those are the 3 surgeries I do want to have. Each hand for carpal tunnel and the one elbow for ulnar surgery. I want my hands. I have to have them or I'll jump off a fukn building since I won't be able to pull a trigger.

I have a buddy that had a leg amputated, he's miserable and about to lose another. Due to his situation, I've given thought to, if I had to lose a limb, which would it be? I've decided, for sure without a doubt, if i had to lose one, it would be a leg.

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
Welcome to the board! Slowly but surely our California presence is growing.

Having already broken my foot about two years ago, always hoping that I won't have the same extensive injuries as y'all. Guess just gotta do what ya can and always spend a few extra minutes making something all good to go instead of the "eh, it'll work" sketchiness.

coachdtierney54

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
It sounds like your insight and experience will be very helpful to newbies like me. I look forward to hearing what you have to say!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

1973c10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Welcome

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
You know the last time I had a slightly disassembled Wee O Five in front of me... it was playing Peek-A-Boo with me and was spitting black stuff on me.

I've never had a Wee O Five that I got to drive. I worked on a few though. I just pretended they were 350's so I didn't throw up. :puke:

Attachments

• 81ChevMotorOut 015.jpg
    81ChevMotorOut 015.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 60

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
It said, Knock Knock, I said whose there? And it said, Cylinder #3 and #4.

Attachments

• 81ChevMotorOut 044.jpg
    81ChevMotorOut 044.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 83

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
That is nasty..

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
About as nasty as that 1 girl with gonorrhea oozing out her cooter with warts all over it. Thankfully, like this Wee O Five, I never got to drive that either.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cmritz