Hello from Southern Utah. 1983 C10 Stepside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

born2Run83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC - C1500
Engine Size
5.3L LM7
I’ve inherited my grandfathers 1983 Chevy C10 stepside pickup. He was the original owner and bought it back in 1983, the year I was born. As his oldest grandson, born the same year he had always intended it to be my truck. He unfortunately lost his 5th and final battle with cancer a year ago and passed away.

He babied this trick and kept it in mint condition for the first 30 years of its life. Old age, hospital stays, and a cousin who lived with them and drove it like he stole it really degraded the truck over the past few years.

I’m hoping to return it to its former glory. I hope you’ll be patient with my as I’ll be on here a lot asking questions as I go. I’m new to this and have very little mechanic experience beyond the basics.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach
Welcome to the group! Awesome truck and that’s cool he passed this truck to you. It looks like it’s in great shape- feel free to ask any questions. I have an 83 gmc and this group has been a huge help. Check out the www.LMCTRUCK.com website. They have a ton of parts to help freshen it up.
(Also- cool SR71 pic)

Haydenh

Reaction score
First Name
Hayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
V30
Engine Size
Welcome Cliff! I'm also in Southern Utah though it looks like you're in the St. George area. I'm a bit north of you in Cedar City, so if you need anything, shoot me a message!

Orion

Reaction score
First Name
Orion
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Stepside
Engine Size
Small Block 350
Welcome from Northern California. Love the stepside, looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

Terry Wilkerson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1500
Engine Size
Welcome from Kansas
Cool that you are keeping it in the family.

iflyfisher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Great truck, Cliff! Welcome aboard. I'm in southern Utah as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhardiman1