Hard to refuse freebies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan Miller

K15SG
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15
Engine Size
Oh I don't doubt it was free, that's nasty. I'm just saying it'd be hard to smash up a vehicle you paid for, but if this one was free then go ram it into some cars at the county fair, I bet you'll be able to drive it away afterwards too

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Dude, volvos are no joke when it comes to car wrecks...
Just watched his video all the way thru..I must say. DAYUMM That is one tuff sumbish You all must watch..

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I'm sure we all must agree when someone says "Hey , you want a car " we all think $$ in the bank ... Part out resale or scrap , right ? Well , my boss .. Mr. Moneybags drove this 99 Volvo S 80 to work daily . then one day he says "Hey , you want a car ? And I said sure. Whats the catch ? He said " I think I blew it up" I'm pissed I'm done with it . handed me the keys and the next day the title ,, driving what looks to be a '17 Lincoln now... Whatever .. Anyways he says the battery is dead , it's in the trunk. Trunk wont open. Over filled the oil by at least 1 qt. I took my dolly ,, jumped it loaded and brought it home . Not my style. Not a Volvo type. . You can find out alot about a person by the way they keep their car. Lets just say. He smoked alot. Don't puke on the floor pic. F'ing Gross is all I can say
You must be registered for see images attach
Is that mold or burn marks all around the shifter?

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
I bought an 87 Audi that just needed a starter for 600 . F'n starter was 239 + tax Was a PITA to change got 1250 out of it and vowed to never do that again. . I mean buy an Audi Period ...

My European nightmare was an AMG Mercedes. It was an electrical nightmare.

Electrics is where the Europeans seem to skimp on quality.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I'm sure we all must agree when someone says "Hey , you want a car " we all think $$ in the bank ... Part out resale or scrap , right ? Well , my boss .. Mr. Moneybags drove this 99 Volvo S 80 to work daily . then one day he says "Hey , you want a car ? And I said sure. Whats the catch ? He said " I think I blew it up" I'm pissed I'm done with it . handed me the keys and the next day the title ,, driving what looks to be a '17 Lincoln now... Whatever .. Anyways he says the battery is dead , it's in the trunk. Trunk wont open. Over filled the oil by at least 1 qt. I took my dolly ,, jumped it loaded and brought it home . Not my style. Not a Volvo type. . You can find out alot about a person by the way they keep their car. Lets just say. He smoked alot. Don't puke on the floor pic. F'ing Gross is all I can say

Run Forrest....run. Or just part out what you can.

The S80 is basically a Ford Taurus....fwiw. Real bitch about these later white block cars is the motors are almost year specific and can be electrical nightmares. Ford overpaid for them to get the design / safety features (was cheaper than competing with them). Then dumped the carcass off on the chi-coms. Look at where the new ones are rated.....very bottom of the pile. And all the new Volvo parts are made in PRC and absolute garbage. Its why after 30 yrs of working on them, I quit.....quality parts are unobtainium.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
1998-2000 depending on the model, were the last of the Swedish built Volvos. Or at least I was told by someone who knows volvos. He said my 2000 V70XC was the last year for the Swedish v70...

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
Did you see the floor board. I don't smoke (cigarettes) so I would never pay money for something like this
I started gagging just looking at it...

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
My buddy fell asleep in mountain driving and went over the edge! Rolled end for end a few times before several side to side rolls. The firemen who pulled him out of the wreck were all saying how lucky he was driving a Volvo. I saw pics of the car and you would never guess what it went through. Probably would have still ran..

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
My buddy fell asleep in mountain driving and went over the edge! Rolled end for end a few times before several side to side rolls. The firemen who pulled him out of the wreck were all saying how lucky he was driving a Volvo. I saw pics of the car and you would never guess what it went through. Probably would have still ran..
Jesus that's nuts!

I didn't do anything near as dramatic as roll off a cliff, but when I wrecked my Volvo and took down some trees back in the day the cops said the same thing to me. "You're damn lucky you were driving a Volvo, if you were in a Honda I bet you and your buddy would be dead". It's amazing what those cars can withstand.

Dan Miller

K15SG
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15
Engine Size
Is that mold or burn marks all around the shifter?
It's like charcoal ,, musta put cigs out there n on the floor too . lots between the seats too surprised he ddnt burn it up

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Here’s my v70xc. Collecting leaves on one of the back roads on my property. I pull it into the shade of the trees when it’s not driven, but that’ll change with my new Quonset. Haven’t driven it since last winter. It’s what out of town guests borrow when they stay at my place.

Decent car in the snow with awd and winter mode on. Winter mode launches it in a higher gear and lets the power slip the trans. Even if you floor it in W it will set off easy. Predictable but boring. I preferred the TorSen Quattro system in my S4. It was a manual, but had a rear locker you could turn on when you wanted. It would automatically turn off above 25 or 30 mph.

And here’s my 15 month old Rottweiler on the same walk, lol. She thinks she’s a pointer. She does hold a good point on birds and rabbits. Here a rabbit caught her eye.

Last edited:

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
1998-2000 depending on the model, were the last of the Swedish built Volvos. Or at least I was told by someone who knows volvos. He said my 2000 V70XC was the last year for the Swedish v70...
Furd bought Volvo in 99 (along with Jag and Land Rover, and a couple other european cars I don't remember off the top of my head), but not much changed until a handful of years later. My wife's '01 V70XC says it was made in Sweeden on the VIN tag (first year of the next body style after yours). Everything about it still very Volvo.

They were bought out by a Chinese company in 2010 or 2011 and that's when stuff got weird. They're still supposed to be decent cars, but they do not have much in common with the older cars at all. From what I'm hearing now they are planning on phasing out the internal combustion engine alltogether. Kinda feel like that will be the end of Volvo, or at least as we know it.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
It's like charcoal ,, musta put cigs out there n on the floor too . lots between the seats too surprised he ddnt burn it up
Is he that nasty? What does he look like, is he really sloppy looking? Like nasty when he eats? Does he always have crap spilled all over his shirt? I mean I don't always have a clean car. Will have trash in a floor board till I clean it out every week or so. Carry too much crap around in my SUV but no way in hell I'd do that to any vehicle I would ever drive!!

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Furd bought Volvo in 99 (along with Jag and Land Rover, and a couple other european cars I don't remember off the top of my head), but not much changed until a handful of years later. My wife's '01 V70XC says it was made in Sweeden on the VIN tag (first year of the next body style after yours). Everything about it still very Volvo.

They were bought out by a Chinese company in 2010 or 2011 and that's when stuff got weird. They're still supposed to be decent cars, but they do not have much in common with the older cars at all. From what I'm hearing now they are planning on phasing out the internal combustion engine alltogether. Kinda feel like that will be the end of Volvo, or at least as we know it.
Yep there suppose to only make electric cars sometime in the future.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I wonder how much you could flip it for with a really good detailing. Honestly, though, it probably be like Jerry’s car on the B.O. episode of Seinfeld. No matter what you did, you’d know what happened in it. All I know is their reputation of safety, but one car that I would consider buying in the right conditions is a little P1800. That one holds the record for the most miles driven on a car at 3.3 or so million. The car I hate is hands down Volkswagen, but there aren’t many foreign made cars that really interest me anyway.

My first car was a 2006 Jetta TDI, and I hated it. Overcomplicated, Mexican built, maintenance-hungry POS. My second and current daily was a free car, and I think it’ll go down as the best investment I made as a young adult. My Oldsmobile was also free, but there’s little money tied up in it, and it sat for fifteen years which is hard on a car. While it’s a good car, it’s nowhere near the car my Caprice is.

Dan Miller

K15SG
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15
Engine Size
Is he that nasty? What does he look like, is he really sloppy looking? Like nasty when he eats? Does he always have crap spilled all over his shirt? I mean I don't always have a clean car. Will have trash in a floor board till I clean it out every week or so. Carry too much crap around in my SUV but no way in hell I'd do that to any vehicle I would ever drive!!
surprisingly a clean cut guy ,,been single for a while,, looks like he may have lived in it when he was taking his personal stuff out of it .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL