Hard to refuse freebies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan Miller

K15SG
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15
Engine Size
I'm sure we all must agree when someone says "Hey , you want a car " we all think $$ in the bank ... Part out resale or scrap , right ? Well , my boss .. Mr. Moneybags drove this 99 Volvo S 80 to work daily . then one day he says "Hey , you want a car ? And I said sure. Whats the catch ? He said " I think I blew it up" I'm pissed I'm done with it . handed me the keys and the next day the title ,, driving what looks to be a '17 Lincoln now... Whatever .. Anyways he says the battery is dead , it's in the trunk. Trunk wont open. Over filled the oil by at least 1 qt. I took my dolly ,, jumped it loaded and brought it home . Not my style. Not a Volvo type. . You can find out alot about a person by the way they keep their car. Lets just say. He smoked alot. Don't puke on the floor pic. F'ing Gross is all I can say
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
I have a sweet spot for Volvos. A free one would make it's way here if offered. Lol

Dan Miller

K15SG
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15
Engine Size
I'm sure we all must agree when someone says "Hey , you want a car " we all think $$ in the bank ... Part out resale or scrap , right ? Well , my boss .. Mr. Moneybags drove this 99 Volvo S 80 to work daily . then one day he says "Hey , you want a car ? And I said sure. Whats the catch ? He said " I think I blew it up" I'm pissed I'm done with it . handed me the keys and the next day the title ,, driving what looks to be a '17 Lincoln now... Whatever .. Anyways he says the battery is dead , it's in the trunk. Trunk wont open. Over filled the oil by at least 1 qt. I took my dolly ,, jumped it loaded and brought it home . Not my style. Not a Volvo type. . You can find out alot about a person by the way they keep their car. Lets just say. He smoked alot. Don't puke on the floor pic. F'ing Gross is all I can say
When it did start , it smoked like Fire Marshal Bill after he showed you something ..lol . Cut out , spit and sputtered and barely made it on the dolly

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
Parts on Volvos(European cars) are so expensive, parting it would make alot of sense.

Last edited:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'm not a Volvo guy either but I'd drive a free one. I'm not a Kia guy either, but I'm driving the hell out of a Free one. I thought of selling it but nawwww, I'm saving wayyyyyyy to much money on gas by driving it. AC blows cold and everything works. I've put 34,000 miles on it now, it's been wrecked and totalled twice and not my fault either time, So I've made $5000 on the car too and fixed it myself with a $300 parts car from one of the impound yards I worked for, sold some parts off of it, kept the running engine and trans out of it for spare and over the scale it went so I made my $300 back too. It's only got 144,000 miles on it now so I'll keep driving it.

Dan Miller

K15SG
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15
Engine Size
Parts on Volvos(European cars) are so expensive, parting it would make alot of sense.
already put it on Craigslist . Just have to deal with the initial DUMB ******* SCAMMERS THAT CALL FROM HALF WAY ACROSS THE FN COUNTRY WANTING TO SEND YOU A CHECK . Can't stand that **** , but have made lots of profit on there .. Ima ask $500 cash for it. Its in my way. ..

Last edited:

Dan Miller

K15SG
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15
Engine Size
I'm not a Volvo guy either but I'd drive a free one. I'm not a Kia guy either, but I'm driving the hell out of a Free one. I thought of selling it but nawwww, I'm saving wayyyyyyy to much money on gas by driving it. AC blows cold and everything works. I've put 34,000 miles on it now, it's been wrecked and totalled twice and not my fault either time, So I've made $5000 on the car too and fixed it myself with a $300 parts car from one of the impound yards I worked for, sold some parts off of it, kept the running engine and trans out of it for spare and over the scale it went so I made my $300 back too. It's only got 144,000 miles on it now so I'll keep driving it.
I bought an 03 mini that the brakes were locked up on due to rotors coming apart. Guy sold it to me for 500. He thought he got the deal. I put $75 more in parts and hardware and resold it the next week for $2250 cash on CL

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Nice ash tray there on the floor!

As for Volvos, we had two 1980 models. My wife's 245 station wagon was actually fun to drive with Michelin radials, 4-wheel disc brakes, and 4 speed manual with electric OD. And some of the best seats I've ever had in a car. Liked it so much that I bought a used 242 2-door sedan a few years later.

A company called iPD in Portland used to race them, and sold all kinds of performance parts. But I never did anything to ours beyond lower profile tires and KYB gas-a-just shocks. They both would get around 25 mpg on a trip, was was pretty good back then for a full-size car.

Dan Miller

K15SG
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15
Engine Size
If it really was free, a Volvo is damn near guaranteed to win a demolition derby...
Did you see the floor board. I don't smoke (cigarettes) so I would never pay money for something like this

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
Did you see the floor board. I don't smoke (cigarettes) so I would never pay money for something like this
Oh I don't doubt it was free, that's nasty. I'm just saying it'd be hard to smash up a vehicle you paid for, but if this one was free then go ram it into some cars at the county fair, I bet you'll be able to drive it away afterwards too

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Dude, volvos are no joke when it comes to car wrecks...

Last edited:

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
I have a sweet spot for Volvos. A free one would make it's way here if offered. Lol

I have a spot for Volvos too, but it ain't a sweet one. My first car was a Volvo. Hateful POS. There was never one day in it's life when everything on it worked.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
I have a spot for Volvos too, but it ain't a sweet one. My first car was a Volvo. Hateful POS. There was never one day in it's life when everything on it worked.

When completely working they are great, once an issue pops up it is usually a pain, and quite expensive.

^that's about all European cars though.^

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size

Sounds like my wife's Acadia!

Only problem I had with my two Volvos was a bad coil on the station wagon, but that must have been at around 100K miles. Had a few tuning problems with the Bosch mechanical FI on the Sedan.

Dan Miller

K15SG
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15
Engine Size
I bought an 87 Audi that just needed a starter for 600 . F'n starter was 239 + tax Was a PITA to change got 1250 out of it and vowed to never do that again. . I mean buy an Audi Period ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BryantRiverRat