Got a van

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Wow all nice and loaded up, rock on!

78 Chevyrado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
No roofing, just a general sub-contractor. remodeling houses. so I do bout everything, generally I do framing and trim. but I do painting and cleaning and odd jobs if they're needed.

Just one of those lil-bit-of-everything jobs....

78 Chevyrado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Roofing, flooring (tile wood carpet) gets contracted out... otherwise I do it all... I demo a house and frame and trim, and all the odd bits that don't fall under roofing or flooring... if I bring my mower to the house I get like $150 to mow and trim a yard and get it to sellable condition, if it's not too bad to start with...lol

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I've got in a couple jobs like that before. When I was a Real Estate Agent, I'd list a house. The house sells with a full price offer. The appraiser has a list of repairs and FHA requirements that need to done, like handrails on steps over 2 up a porch, window screens replaced and blah blah blah. Seller doesn't want to spend all the money. Duhh wait a minute. You said you're willing to sell for $10,000 less than the price I set, in fact you thought it was to high and wouldn't sale. 1 day, full price offer. So I ended up contracting to do all the repairs and FHA requirements for $6000 so they are still $4000 over what they wanted. I work on the house for a week, and when the sellers see how nice it's looking they decide they don't want to sell it. :flipthebird: BS, we have a sales contract, a contract for work done and blah blah, you better sell it, or the buyer will have your ass in your court and so will my broker, and so will I for the repairs. 4 days later I was done with all the repairs and called the Appraiser back out to inspect it, and the other agent to bring their buyer through for a final walk through so I could speed closing up since this asshat was backing out and I had about $2000 in my own cash and materials in this property. It passed flying colors, the buyers were exstatic, and the seller was pissed cuz I got all the inspections done. Then wanted to only pay me $3000 for a $6000 agreed contract that I was making the house look like brand new. :rofl: So I put a mechanics lein on the property to make sure I got my $6000 contracted agreed cash for the work I did, plus my sales commision for being the realtor. That was some scary ****. I didn't think I was going to get paid on none of it.I was also afraid of a conflict of interest lawsuit since I was the selling agent and the contractor. The seller got had a consultation with an attorney and was told, NO, sounds like you had a damn good RE agent that above and beyond normal to make a fast full price sale of your home and if he got it sold in 1 day, and repaired and ready to close in 20 days, the judge will laugh you right outta court. SWEEETT !!! For that 20 days, and the last 6 days was just paperwork, meeting the termite inspector, and showing up at closing, I made a $9000 profit with the sales commission and the contraction for all the repairs. I ended up doing a couple more for another RE agent that I make about $3000 in about 10 days on one and $3600 on another in about 12 days. So there is money to be made if you get buddies up real good with a RE firm.

EDIT, Ohh, of the $2000 of my own cash I had in it, $900 of that was I subbed out the countertops in the kitchen being done. The rest of the $1100 was materials, carpet in 1 room, paint, texure, cleaning supplies etc,

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Huh??? :crazy:

You ol wind bag, writing some novels last tonight? :D

Yeah, must have. To much **** on my mind lately. Back killing me from this packing **** up to move and prolly zoned off in lortab land coming here to get my mind off the hell.

I get what he meant now. There isn't much I haven't done. My resume is a mile long. To long really. Done nothing for a long length of time, but done everything for a few years.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Yeah, must have. To much **** on my mind lately. Back killing me from this packing **** up to move and prolly zoned off in lortab land coming here to get my mind off the hell.

I get what he meant now. There isn't much I haven't done. My resume is a mile long. To long really. Done nothing for a long length of time, but done everything for a few years.

It's ok buddy. :console:

78 Chevyrado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
"That's where I was until a few months ago". now I get to use it but am rusty at it...lol

We got our own little crew. 2 guys do all the sheetrock, etc, and painting, one guy does all the electrical, and me and the other guy do all the woodworking and plumbing and mics whatever else. we do make our own counter tops of theyre not granite. I can do plumbing, electrical, framing, trim (framing and trim are my thing though... its what I kick ass at... painting, and for $120 a pop I bring my mower and cut the yards and make it pretty outside, and haul the clipping to my woods for free. so its basically $100 for 2hours work, gas included. I do have to get a smaller trailer though. I have to use the car hauler to take one riding mower... But I do use the truck for that still. cuz I can dump the clippings in the back, close up the tonneau and it doesn't blow out every where, and no trash bags...

I'm lovin the van tho... when I have to haul 4x8 sheets, to the roofrack! instead of totally emptying out the truck so it fits... that sucked! lil van sags with 8 bags of concrete in the back though... trade offs, trade offs. I still love the van! I love I'm getting 19MPG, and I don't have to empty my truck out to haul big stuff. and can carry 16ft stuff easily up top. IThe truck has it's place and the van does too. the van is for daily mundane stuff. but I always have the truck if something HD needs doin... great combo, I think!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
"That's where I was until a few months ago". now I get to use it but am rusty at it...lol

We got our own little crew. 2 guys do all the sheetrock, etc, and painting, one guy does all the electrical, and me and the other guy do all the woodworking and plumbing and mics whatever else. we do make our own counter tops of theyre not granite. I can do plumbing, electrical, framing, trim (framing and trim are my thing though... its what I kick ass at... painting, and for $120 a pop I bring my mower and cut the yards and make it pretty outside, and haul the clipping to my woods for free. so its basically $100 for 2hours work, gas included. I do have to get a smaller trailer though. I have to use the car hauler to take one riding mower... But I do use the truck for that still. cuz I can dump the clippings in the back, close up the tonneau and it doesn't blow out every where, and no trash bags...

I'm lovin the van tho... when I have to haul 4x8 sheets, to the roofrack! instead of totally emptying out the truck so it fits... that sucked! lil van sags with 8 bags of concrete in the back though... trade offs, trade offs. I still love the van! I love I'm getting 19MPG, and I don't have to empty my truck out to haul big stuff. and can carry 16ft stuff easily up top. IThe truck has it's place and the van does too. the van is for daily mundane stuff. but I always have the truck if something HD needs doin... great combo, I think!

This sounds like it's working out great for you past the rear suspension being a bit of a *****. How about adding an overload leaf or some bump coil boosters? You don't want to jack it up and Taco it out, or stiffen the ride, but if you have overload coils or leaf to take over after like 4 bags of concrete, you'd be good to go.

78 Chevyrado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
This sounds like it's working out great for you past the rear suspension being a bit of a *****. How about adding an overload leaf or some bump coil boosters? You don't want to jack it up and Taco it out, or stiffen the ride, but if you have overload coils or leaf to take over after like 4 bags of concrete, you'd be good to go.

I'm looking into it, right now it has the 3 leaf springs. I don't mind the stiffer ride because I'm used to my old truck. the stiffer springs would help stability with good shocks.

I wouldn't mind it having a tad of a rake with my tools in it, so it can sit level with most loads I put on it.

I really need to find some LT tires for it. I need either 215/75R15 or 235/70R15 but I cant find anything in LT that isn't 2" bigger in diameter. I'd like to stay as close to stock diameter as I can, but a little extra width is ok. I also want something that holds more than 35psi. I want to air up the back but I cant. I hate P tires on anything but CARS. no suvs vans or trucks should have them if you use them.... just my lil ol opinion... you guys got any links to acceptable lt tires for me? ill need tires soon and want heavier tires for it.

Thanks fellas!
Kenny

78 Chevyrado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Look harder! Quick checks at Tire Rack and Discount Tire showed a whole plethora of LT215/75-15 tires. Half of the tires you get with their searches seem to be LT's.

Okay... 7 of the 17 in this link are LT's...

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireS...omSizeSearch=&width=215/&ratio=75&diameter=15

best I saw was a 106s

I found a BFG T/A that had a 107s in the 235 size. If its lt, it wouldn't be 215/75R15 it would be 215/75LT15 LTs don't have R in the designation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tnahaus