GMT400 CD Player Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
When playing cds bought from store or copied. I noticed the CD wouldn't start all over again when the cd is done playing all the tracks. Its shows up "ERROR" then spits the cd out. It will play it again if I push the cd back in.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Then I'd say push the disc back in :shrug:

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
VERY common in GM CD players. My 1995 Rivi player does that...Hell, most did it when they were new.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
VERY common in GM CD players. My 1995 Rivi player does that...Hell, most did it when they were new.

I just noticed it a couple of weeks ago. It would start all over from the beginning. I guess its telling me to replace it with a sony or pioneer cd player. I need new speakers for the rear in the ext. cab but it might also be a short in the wiring. So I'll rewire it to 12 gauge speaker wire too.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
New problems

I noticed on cold mornings that the cd player dont play right like the speakers are going bad. Then cd player plays fine when under dash parts are warm from running truck in cold temperatures. Radio plays fine in cold temperatures at this time. Then later on on a another day I noticed that the cd player is starting to not play right when temperatures in the 50's on a normal day in the afternoon. At this time I can no longer use the cd player cause it wont play right. Today I noticed the radio starting to do the same thing and not sounding right. When I mean dont play right or dont sound right meaning alot of static coming from the speakers. Is this a speaker issue? Can this still be a issue with the stereo unit itself? Do I have 6 1/2 speakers in the front doors and 4x6 in the back on this truck?

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
You could have an amp starting to go bad. It could be a bad ground connection on the radio. If the static sound is coming thru all of the speakers, then it's probably not a speaker problem. Using the Fader & Balance control, you can confirm all speakers are making the noise one at a time. If the ground checks good, I'd say your amp is starting to fail. Before chunking it. open it up and blow the insides out really good with air and try it again. It could be dust making a partial, intermittent short somewhere on the circuit board.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
You could have an amp starting to go bad. It could be a bad ground connection on the radio. If the static sound is coming thru all of the speakers, then it's probably not a speaker problem. Using the Fader & Balance control, you can confirm all speakers are making the noise one at a time. If the ground checks good, I'd say your amp is starting to fail. Before chunking it. open it up and blow the insides out really good with air and try it again. It could be dust making a partial, intermittent short somewhere on the circuit board.

The static sound is more noticeable on songs with alot of bass.

82chevy350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Truck Year
1982, 1976
Truck Model
C10, K10, K5
Engine Size
350, 350
Go with JVC

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
What is used gmt cd player worth? Unknown if it works or not. I found one in 1500 burb. I think I can get it cheap if I pull it. The guy is selling me the 4L60E (one piece) and transfercase for $150 if I pull it. Since I'm still having issues with shifting hard and loud in 1-2 shift.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
Bad shift solenoid, I had an S10 that did the same thing.

Wouldnt a bad shift solonoid being doing it all the time? This comes and goes. I was told the #7 check ball is sticking in the valve body which was a common problem on the 4L60E.

Manbearpig

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500HD Quadrasteer
Engine Size
Lets not get off topic here :crazy:

Forum statistics