Broken hearted kid and fuel system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size
5.3l
@jlynn79 not sure that is a good Idea at this point. Go back to the start of this thread and read everything. Including you and your dad's post's. Take pictures of everything you have done. Don't buy anymore parts. The fix here has already been talked about several times. Go re-read everything from the start take notes and go back through what you and your dad has done, i think you will find it. It maybe a clog in a filter and misplaced hose whatever. "if it can mess with you it will" don't know who said it but it's true!

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size
5.3l
So I’m going to put a electric fuel pump in my 84 k10 how would I wire it all up
Think about this for a minute and go read what I just posted on this thread, because now your asking how to wire something up. Go read my last post.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
So I’m going to put a electric fuel pump in my 84 k10 how would I wire it all up
You don't need an electric pump. You need to find out what's wrong with what you have now. As I said before, if you attach a fuel line from the pump inlet to a can of gas and things run right,your carb,fuel pump,fuel filter,pump pushrod,cam lobe are all fine the problem is between the tank sock and the pump inlet. And an electric pump very likely won't fix anything. And we'll just spend another 8 pages telling you what you need to do while you ignore us and do what you want to do. Good luck.

Last edited:

Travlr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
C
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Camper Special
Engine Size
A lot of people here are trying to help you... but you haven't answered a few pertinent questions.

The first one being... when you say the truck runs, are you using a gravity feed direct to the carburetor, bypassing the fuel pump?

OR... are you running gas from a remote source (a gas can?) and the fuel is being sucked out of the can and through the fuel pump?

Until you can answer these questions I don't think anyone here knows what you are talking about.

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
I'm sure this father and son have sold the truck by now. I don't know how I would take all the over the top responses that were laced in with all the genuine responses. They both said the truck stays somewhere they don't get to every day only on the weekends I think. I really hope they keep trying and come back to the thread but I think they may have hung it up.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Ive read mostly all this thread with a promise that I get an ending. It's been like watching a bad movie 3/4 of the way through but you wanna finish because you put in the time. Then it has a stupid ending that makes no sense and you found you wasted your time. :(

Do like Sammy says and......

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I can play music too :Big Laugh:

Quick suggestion. If you can get it to run off a gas can and give it throttle. Fire that thing up and Rev the $hit out of it. Clear out the cobwebs like my buddy used to say. 60% of the time that works everytime.

Last edited:

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
Ive read mostly all this thread with a that I get an ending. It's been like watching a bad movie 3/4 of the way through but you wanna finish because you put in the time. Then it has a stupid ending that makes no sense and you found you wasted your time. :(

Do like Sammy says and......

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I can play music too :Big Laugh:

Quick suggestion. If you can get it to run off a gas can and give it throttle. Fire that thing up and Rev the $hit out of it. Clear out the cobwebs like my buddy used to say. 60% of the time that works everytime.
Just like Sex Panther! .... "That doesn't make any sense."

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prenrag