Full tilt front end.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wildcatjason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
cummins 3.9 4bt
I'm going to be pulling a 9000 lb gross weight travel trailer. It's getting helper springs too. I figure anything will help. Ideally I should change out the whole rear.

Last edited:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Yeah, I'm not much for coil overs either. Shocks are shocks to keep the tire on the ground and control bounce, not provide weight support. To much weight on those shock mounts isn't good. The weight IMO needs to be carried on the springs and/or bags.

Yes. :handshake:

But for being on a limited budget, it is an option, though not a preferred one. I still want to bag the rear, I just haven;t pulled the trigger yet. I don;t feel like crawling under that big 'ol rust butt again. :roflbow:

And I already have to worry about those under the 3rd seat body mounts and floor piece now for next inspection so that air bag wish is put on hold once again. :shitsweak:

Jason, you going to be utilizing a weight distributing hitch?

wildcatjason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
cummins 3.9 4bt
Yes. :handshake:

But for being on a limited budget, it is an option, though not a preferred one. I still want to bag the rear, I just haven;t pulled the trigger yet. I don;t feel like crawling under that big 'ol rust butt again. :roflbow:

And I already have to worry about those under the 3rd seat body mounts and floor piece now for next inspection so that air bag wish is put on hold once again. :shitsweak:

Jason, you going to be utilizing a weight distributing hitch?

Yeah I am going to do everything I can to keep it safe. I haven't gotten the helper springs yet. Probably happen tomorrow. I have a hide away receiver. I just the vacuum pump hooked back up, the hide away antenna bought and installed and my hood pins installed.
You must be registered for see images attach

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I like that latch system !!! That hood shouldn't be going anywhere.

wildcatjason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
cummins 3.9 4bt
Well this is thing is now roadworthy. Not even that I've prepared it to tow a very large RV. I guess the one the wife has picked out is 7300 lbs dry so we'll see how this thing tows. Some improvements made for that with an estimated 160hp/400ftlbs
He341
M&H 3M fuel pin
1 & 1/2 turns in power screw

Airlift 5000

These bumpers are a bitch to get off.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
ewwwwwwwwww, 89S is gonna make sure you get a good write up and good pics on that air bag install. He's been talking about doing it to his saggy his Burb.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I want air bags in the back. :(

What's those coil springs, on the shocks?

wildcatjason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
cummins 3.9 4bt
I want air bags in the back. :(

What's those coil springs, on the shocks?

I know I hate em. They need to come off. I'll probably just take off the coils and run the shocks.

wildcatjason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
cummins 3.9 4bt
ewwwwwwwwww, 89S is gonna make sure you get a good write up and good pics on that air bag install. He's been talking about doing it to his saggy his Burb.

It's really pretty straight forward and the instructions are clear. It getting those damn bump stops off are something else. The driver side was easy with an oxyacetylene torch.I just hate dealing with hot metal and sparks in a confined place. The passenger side a used a grinder, drill and a hammer since the fuel lines are on that side. The bottom of the bag just strap to the axle then you drill your mounts on the frame where the bump stop was at. There are three bolts in the top and the bottom strap on with u bolts. If you don't op for their fancy control units you run lines from each bag to wherever and it has a fitting at the end to air up like a tire. Mine are suppose to be good for 5000 lbs fully aired up it will really raise your rear. Just like a good lady should.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I think Jason is in some major heap of dog **** now. I am 99% certain I seen him in his Burb towing his travel trailer in Moore today. My son and I were going to get something to eat. I was sitting at the light at 27th and I-35. And what comes around the TX turnaround off of I-35 Southbound Service Rd??? A Squarebody Burb towing a big ass camp trailer with a primered front end and cowl hood. Then it hit me, hey I wonder if.... Then I looked for the cut for the tilt nose in the fender and it had that same cut as pictured. I still wasn't convinced, but then after making the TX turn around and getting on the throttle to get on I35 Northbound, here come all the diesel smoke, then I thought, that mutherfugger !!! I just about chased his ass down but I was in the center lane and couldn't go right across 2 lanes, and a damn cop 2 cars behind me. So anyway, he is Northbound on I35, likely on his way home to KS !!!

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I think Jason is in some major heap of dog **** now. I am 99% certain I seen him in his Burb towing his travel trailer in Moore today. My son and I were going to get something to eat. I was sitting at the light at 27th and I-35. And what comes around the TX turnaround off of I-35 Southbound Service Rd??? A Squarebody Burb towing a big ass camp trailer with a primered front end and cowl hood. Then it hit me, hey I wonder if.... Then I looked for the cut for the tilt nose in the fender and it had that same cut as pictured. I still wasn't convinced, but then after making the TX turn around and getting on the throttle to get on I35 Northbound, here come all the diesel smoke, then I thought, that mutherfugger !!! I just about chased his ass down but I was in the center lane and couldn't go right across 2 lanes, and a damn cop 2 cars behind me. So anyway, he is Northbound on I35, likely on his way home to KS !!!

That would be neat if that was him, seeing something from the forum like that rolling down the street with your own eyes. :)

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Buddy, I'd about bet my life it was him. Now that I read the thread, I see where he mentions he has it road worthy, and the RV his wife has picked out..., I bet they went to go pick up their new RV trailer. It was a nice looking big muherfugger I'll tell ya. Made the Burb look like a Isuzu Amigo. Brownish/Tanish in color. I really shoulda chased him down. He had a lady with him. All I seen was a tall fugger driving and a lady in the passenger seat from across the big intersection. I was in my 84 C20. Shoulda chased his ass down anyway.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'd be guessing that was a little after 4pm I think I saw him, so I wonder how many hours it takes him to get home from Moore. Anyone wanna place bets if it was him or not??? I have a Paypal account !!! :rofl:

wildcatjason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
cummins 3.9 4bt
I'd be guessing that was a little after 4pm I think I saw him, so I wonder how many hours it takes him to get home from Moore. Anyone wanna place bets if it was him or not??? I have a Paypal account !!! :rofl:

Sooooo what's the pot up to?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoss1