Full tilt front end.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wildcatjason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
cummins 3.9 4bt
You know that 4 cyl might not of pulled that bahemoth but it only used 5/8 of a tank there and back. That was also trying to pull it from Moore to the far north side of okc and back. It accelerates well and I ran it 80 on the Kansas turnpike. Its loud and I need to hunt down an exhaust leak but it doesn't do shabby for a family hauler that gets good gas mileage. Its not going to tow that heavy fn thing again though.

wildcatjason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
cummins 3.9 4bt
Just realized I never put any pics up of the inside of that RV. Its been a hellva week.
You must be registered for see images attach

A couple I snapped tonight.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
You know that 4 cyl might not of pulled that bahemoth but it only used 5/8 of a tank there and back. That was also trying to pull it from Moore to the far north side of okc and back. It accelerates well and I ran it 80 on the Kansas turnpike. Its loud and I need to hunt down an exhaust leak but it doesn't do shabby for a family hauler that gets good gas mileage. Its not going to tow that heavy fn thing again though.

Damn, not bad at all. I'll assure you, my 84 C20 woulda used the whole 40 gallons and them some. Even with those tall gears I can get 13 with that big block if I keep it around 65mph. If I'm towing something, forget it. It's cuz it struggles with that tall gear and flat ass drinks the fuel when heavy. I towed my 18ft trailer with 3/4 ton Burb that didn't have any motor or trans and I got 7. The 3.21's are only good for an empty truck on the mpg.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Just realized I never put any pics up of the inside of that RV. Its been a hellva week.

A couple I snapped tonight.

You call that camping??? RIGHT !!! :roflbow::roflbow::roflbow:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
You know, I wondered about the noise on the 4Bt, and now that you mention it... I didn't even realize it until someone here on the forum mentioned the noisy 6.2 and that the OEM 6.2 trucks came with better noise insulation. I thought oh hell BS. So I went and popped the hood to my K10 that was originally 6.2 and sure as hell does. See that plastic stuff on the firewall? and its got some junk on the back of it too. That truck is now at my dads place so I can't get more pics or check it out. But I wonder if you could find that stuff off another 6.2 and put it on your Burb to quiet the noise in the cab? Also some of these newer products that I've seen some of the ground up builders using on their trucks here on the inside would certainly help too. And along with the heat coming thru the firewall.

Soon you're gonna have this 4BT Burb down pat to one helluva rockin, good running, fun to drive, good mpg vehicle. :High 5:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 85ChevK10 003b.jpg
    85ChevK10 003b.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 336

wildcatjason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
cummins 3.9 4bt
You call that camping??? RIGHT !!! :roflbow::roflbow::roflbow:

That's actually going to be our new house. I'm going to travel nurse. I don't wanna camp year round at all man.

wildcatjason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
cummins 3.9 4bt
You know, I wondered about the noise on the 4Bt, and now that you mention it... I didn't even realize it until someone here on the forum mentioned the noisy 6.2 and that the OEM 6.2 trucks came with better noise insulation. I thought oh hell BS. So I went and popped the hood to my K10 that was originally 6.2 and sure as hell does. See that plastic stuff on the firewall? and its got some junk on the back of it too. That truck is now at my dads place so I can't get more pics or check it out. But I wonder if you could find that stuff off another 6.2 and put it on your Burb to quiet the noise in the cab? Also some of these newer products that I've seen some of the ground up builders using on their trucks here on the inside would certainly help too. And along with the heat coming thru the firewall.

Soon you're gonna have this 4BT Burb down pat to one helluva rockin, good running, fun to drive, good mpg vehicle. :High 5:

attachment.php

I've got second skin on the the whole under carriage and all the sheet metal of the engine. I also put great stuff that insulation in a can in the front firewall. When i have time and money I'll do the interior and soundproof the inside. I need to get the exhaust leak addressed. Right now it going to sit awhile as we go on our travels. I'll post pics of some of the locations.

wildcatjason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
cummins 3.9 4bt
Damn, not bad at all. I'll assure you, my 84 C20 woulda used the whole 40 gallons and them some. Even with those tall gears I can get 13 with that big block if I keep it around 65mph. If I'm towing something, forget it. It's cuz it struggles with that tall gear and flat ass drinks the fuel when heavy. I towed my 18ft trailer with 3/4 ton Burb that didn't have any motor or trans and I got 7. The 3.21's are only good for an empty truck on the mpg.

Before the light fuel mods and new turbo it was running 20 mpg in town. I'm not sure about highway or whats its doing now. I didnt go through my whole tank to figure it out either.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Very cool RV man!! So you're really going to be a travelling nurse? I've never heard of that before.

wildcatjason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
cummins 3.9 4bt
Well I'll travel into hospitals and help out when they are short or strike it's actually quite common because of this and the fact we can use the suburban to pull. We are considering selling it. I have a lot of money into it and most of its new/rebuilt. Every thing in the drivetrain has been replaces except it still had the stock injectors. I have about 11000 into but would take 6000 if any of you guys are interested.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Bummer, that sucks to sell anything you have that much of your own R&D, building and time into. You never get the money back so that's a given, but the countless hours that you'll never get back and not a damn thing to show for it. That sux.
But, you do what you gotta do. Sounds like a cool job getting to travel, but like truck driving, I bet it gets old after awhile.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Bummer, that sucks to sell anything you have that much of your own R&D, building and time into. You never get the money back so that's a given, but the countless hours that you'll never get back and not a damn thing to show for it. That sux.
But, you do what you gotta do. Sounds like a cool job getting to travel, but like truck driving, I bet it gets old after awhile.

wildcatjason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
cummins 3.9 4bt
Honestly I really don't want to. I am feeling pressure from my dad and wife. I am still thinking about keeping it. What I should do is ask 11,000 and let it sit in the driveway.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Isn't that some ****, feeling pressure from your parents as an adult? I'm forty fuggin six and I still have my dad telling me how to run my life, hanging **** over my head, telling me I don't need my projects, I do need this, and I don't need that, and how to handle my kids that are 24 and 16. LMAO, enough to piss a person off for sure. I can see the wife making an effort of persuasion since you're both in it together, but not the friggin parents. And I don't even mind their opinion or suggestion, but don't get pist when I don't do as YOU THINK I should do and keep hounding as if you're going to change my mind. You've got your ****, I've got mine, so you do your tree huggin hobbies, and I'll do my automotive hobbies.

Guardian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
c 10
Engine Size
Hate to hear you are considering selling. The time and effort are the things you will never get back. You have quite a talent that you have put into the truck, hope it all works out for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linemanjl