Full tilt front end.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wildcatjason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
cummins 3.9 4bt
HA, HA dude !!! I have to many trucks. All I seem to do is acquire another, and another and another, but make no progress on any of them. It's a fundage and time thing. I have some trans build threads though. I usually buy them for next to nothing needing a trans build, rebuild the trans, and drive it but never get to do anything else to it.

The money thing i understand, but there is always time. I work full time. Have 3 kids. I am going to travel nurse my first assignment is in Apple Valley, CA. I have to take PALS, ACLS. I just finished a bunch of testing. I have to drive to Iowa from Wichita for a good deal on a travel trailer I found. This beast is going to be up and running to pull it. The wife needs brakes which I'm going to do. I know I am forgetting something, but I have to be there on 11th. Basically you should sell a couple have driver and one badass truck that you can say you built with your own hands. Even if it takes time. Post lots of pics and send me a link!!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Hey, I'm doing good though. I had 9 squares. Down to 5 to make 4 now. 2 are 3/4 ton 2wd, and 2 are 4x4. Actually one of them is to be my sons who just turned 16. I hope to hell he can leave the booty alone to make time for a truck this summer.

wildcatjason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
cummins 3.9 4bt
I only have 4 inches of space between the inlet of my turbo and the oil filter. Instead of coughing up 200 bucks for an remote oil kit. I am building this out of fiberglass. I made it as wide as I can to keep it free flowing. I started with a 4 in drainage pipe and it like this.
You must be registered for see images attach

Used my wife's hot glue gun. Started shaping this floral foam. She went and got it for me a local hobby shop.

This stuff will mold into anything you want with a dremel and a high speed disc sander.

Started laying fiberglass over the foam.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
OK, so what are you doing now??? Not gettin it !!!

wildcatjason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
cummins 3.9 4bt
OK, so what are you doing now??? Not gettin it !!!

Here is a picture of my turbo. It's an old picture, but I don't have one of the turbo inlet and where my oil filter is, but there is only a 4in gap between the two. I have no place to put an air filter. I can't just buy a 90 degree bend because my inlet to the turbo is 4in and the piping bend is 7 inches long with absolutely no room for an oil filter. This is my solution.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
So you're NOT relocating the oil filter. Just changing the routing of the turbo plumbing to stay clear of the oil filter. huh???

wildcatjason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
cummins 3.9 4bt
So you're NOT relocating the oil filter. Just changing the routing of the turbo plumbing to stay clear of the oil filter. huh???

Yes sir!

wildcatjason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
cummins 3.9 4bt
Hey HR this thing hangs its hat here in Wichita on Broadway and McCormick it's owned by arrow wrecker.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Hmmm, we have an Arrow Wrecker here in OKC too. One of the biggest tow companies in OKC. Wonder if they are affiliated.

wildcatjason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
cummins 3.9 4bt
Hmmm, we have an Arrow Wrecker here in OKC too. One of the biggest tow companies in OKC. Wonder if they are affiliated.

This is the company that went and got my stepvan for me.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Oh yeah that reminds me. What years and models of step vans have the 4BT. I passed a Frito Lay distribution center yesterday and they have like 8 step vans sitting out back in a filed in different degrees of being torn down. I think it may have been their bone pile. All were step vans.

wildcatjason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
cummins 3.9 4bt
Oh yeah that reminds me. What years and models of step vans have the 4BT. I passed a Frito Lay distribution center yesterday and they have like 8 step vans sitting out back in a filed in different degrees of being torn down. I think it may have been their bone pile. All were step vans.

I don't think they put them in any certain years. I think the mechanics and factory would throw in whatever the customer/owner wanted. I've seen these stepvans with 350s, 6.2s, and 4bts. Another good diesel 4 cyl to keep an eye on is the isuzu 4bdt. You would find them in npr trucks. Same power, same displacement and mileage, but runs much smoother.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I don't think they put them in any certain years. I think the mechanics and factory would throw in whatever the customer/owner wanted. I've seen these stepvans with 350s, 6.2s, and 4bts. Another good diesel 4 cyl to keep an eye on is the isuzu 4bdt. You would find them in npr trucks. Same power, same displacement and mileage, but runs much smoother.

We have a 2001 UD truck with an Isuzu 4 cyl turbo diesel that is very reliable, thoughts on that motor? I think it is 175 hp. Truck's GCVWR is about 18K. It has a 4 spd auto trans that has been rock solid also, not sure of the make of it. Also has the exhaust brake.

wildcatjason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
cummins 3.9 4bt
We have a 2001 UD truck with an Isuzu 4 cyl turbo diesel that is very reliable, thoughts on that motor? I think it is 175 hp. Truck's GCVWR is about 18K. It has a 4 spd auto trans that has been rock solid also, not sure of the make of it. Also has the exhaust brake.

I bet it would be a blast in lighter vehicle. This guy knows more about then I do: http://isuzudieselswapper.com/
I'm sure its an isuzu that make a bunch of powerful diesels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Twistedwhisky