Fuel pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heavenlyhawgs

Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
383 Stroker
I just replaced electric fuel pump and regulator. Mr. Gasket 105. My gauge says 12 psi and no matter what I do to the regulator nothing changes. This is how I hav e it set up. Minus the return line. 1986 C10 with 383 stroker and Holley 770. What am I missing?
You must be registered for see images attach

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Why don't you have a return line hooked up? There are some regulators that don't require one... but based on that diagram, this isn't one of them. Return line regulators work by having a spring loaded diaphragm that when the line pressure exceeds what the spring is set at ill open up and allow the excess to go into the return line. If you have no return line... there is nowhere for the excess to go and you just get full line pressure all the time. When you adjust the screw on top of the regulator you are increasing or decreasing the pressure required to open that diaphragm, but you still need somewhere for the excess to go.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads