LS Fuel Pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

87chevy_com

Reaction score
First Name
Clint
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
L83
Good deal.
I had a coworker who did an EFI conversion on his mustang. Ran great, for about 30 minutes at a time, then started running lean and eventually died. A few hours later it would be fine, but do it all over again. It was a head scratcher for weeks, I think he replaced the fuel pump a couple of times, diagnosed wiring connections, ran the thing on jackstands until it got hot enough to see if something was changing when warm, rerouted his fuel lines to keep them away from the exhaust, and a bunch of other stuff. Turns out his tank vent wasn't right and it was pulling vacuum as fuel was removed, causing it to lean out from low fuel pressure. Since then I always keep an eye out for things like that.
100%, if you plug the vent up, you ultimately will starve the engine of fuel even if the tank has fuel.... it can also deform the fuel tank if the vacuum is strong enough. Buddy built a chevelle ls swap and the vacuum deformed his tank.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dougli1