Fog/driving lights 81-82 bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmbellew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
glen
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban 1500
Engine Size
how is the light aimed downward to not impact oncoming traffic? just something to consider for this mod....

alternatively wiring it up to come on with high beams only and it doesn't matter.

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
My '82 has Hellas, headlights and fogs:

You must be registered for see images attach

GMC_Nick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350 sbc
how is the light aimed downward to not impact oncoming traffic? just something to consider for this mod....

alternatively wiring it up to come on with high beams only and it doesn't matter.
You could wire it up to turn on with high beams or just a flip switch if you wanted to, I just have a fuse tap on the 5amp headlight fuse to switch on the relay. Because of how low the lights are and how the turn signal housings aren't made to really beam out the light like a headlight does, I don't see them being too much of an issue. If I had brighter bulbs/bulbs that directed more in a forward focus way I'd look into messing with the angles. With my setup up right now they don't project higher than my headlights and its soft white light. If people can ride around with those glaring xenon lights without issues my little 1157/2057 brake light bulbs won't be an issue. Suits my need for some driving lights to make my truck more visible at night/fog/rain because it's my daily, not planning on messing around with it much more for now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deankelly