Fitech pressurized fuel filter replacement options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chuckd84

Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado K20
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach
Im thinking it would be a good time to replace this filter with a new system being fitted currently. This is the filter under pressure just before the pressure regulator/throttlebody. The current filter came from Fitech, but the exact one is no longer shown on their website or any other for that matter. I know its a sintered bronze element inside the housing. I have no idea what the micron rating is either. Are these bronze units servicable? I shot it with air and solvent but im not sure if that does any good. If they arent servicable, what micron filter should i throw up here? Thanks in advance! (The filter is circled in red)

MarineOne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach
Im thinking it would be a good time to replace this filter with a new system being fitted currently. This is the filter under pressure just before the pressure regulator/throttlebody. The current filter came from Fitech, but the exact one is no longer shown on their website or any other for that matter. I know its a sintered bronze element inside the housing. I have no idea what the micron rating is either. Are these bronze units servicable? I shot it with air and solvent but im not sure if that does any good. If they arent servicable, what micron filter should i throw up here? Thanks in advance! (The filter is circled in red)
They can be cleaned a few times but it's not recommended. I really like and use earls filters. It should be 100 micron pre pump if pump is external of tank and 10 micron post pump

Evil energy filters I've had good success with aswell I use all evil energy ptfe fuel lines on everything with evil energy or earls fittings

Hunter79764

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V20
Engine Size
Couldn't say, probably worth asking FiTech about reusing it, but if you're going to swap it, I'd go to GM units from either late 80's with the screw on O ring connections (pretty much any EFI from mid 80's to mid 2000's) or find one with the quick connect fittings if you want to be able to change it tool-less on the side of the road etc. The Wix unit shows to be a 4 micron, they will last probably 50k miles and can be replaced from any parts store for less than $20.

Chuckd84

Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado K20
Engine Size
They can be cleaned a few times but it's not recommended. I really like and use earls filters. It should be 100 micron pre pump if pump is external of tank and 10 micron post pump

Evil energy filters I've had good success with aswell I use all evil energy ptfe fuel lines on everything with evil energy or earls fittings
I just got on the ptfe train myself. Hope to get the new filter and lines finished and throw fuel through it this weekend. Thanks for the info

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
I use the 87+ efi filter on sniper setups as well with adapters for AN fittings. That way it's easy for people to find an replace later on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad