edelbrock carburetor solutions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squirrely Brother

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@AuroraGirl I looked at the Edelbrock pump, but it was so tiny compared to the Holley I had on my 1972, so much so that I was skeptical of long term performance. That’s just me though. I found Carter pumps specify an actual psi flow compared to other vendors where there was a range or not even shown. The pump from O’Reillys fluctuated between 11-12 psi, which the Edelbrock sure didn’t like.

I hope you gets yours road worthy soon with minimal frustration along the way.

Squirrely Brother

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@AuroraGirl I misread. You said a fuel filter with a return provision. Not a filter on the return line. I did the Summit banjo line with built in filter. Worked well, clean install and no heat issues.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Pitch it in the trash, solved lol

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Pitch it in the trash, solved lol
Are we also gonna A new power plant for it too? Maybe.. there’s a member who roams these forms preaching of them.. I can’t quite remember the engine family...something To Do with Lesbian Sex?

im sure he will find us

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
@AuroraGirl I looked at the Edelbrock pump, but it was so tiny compared to the Holley I had on my 1972, so much so that I was skeptical of long term performance. That’s just me though. I found Carter pumps specify an actual psi flow compared to other vendors where there was a range or not even shown. The pump from O’Reillys fluctuated between 11-12 psi, which the Edelbrock sure didn’t like.

I hope you gets yours road worthy soon with minimal frustration along the way.
LOL

NO ITS GONNA BE frustrating. Although, since I’m gonna have to be fristrated,I’m getting a thread chaser kit and a lot of thread compound because I want to not hate myself next time I have to touch anything

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
@AuroraGirl I misread. You said a fuel filter with a return provision. Not a filter on the return line. I did the Summit banjo line with built in filter. Worked well, clean install and no heat issues.
Chrysler did these filters because.. I’m not sure.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Here’s a fun explanation

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
@AuroraGirl & @Squirrely Brother Those fuel filters you are talking are really great. On a square that is single line I'd simply install a return type fuel pump and plumb it in. But one of the best things about the return fuel filter is that you can mount it right up close to the carb. I've done that on old class c motorhomes with vapor lock issues.

For some of us we have found that 6PSI is to much for our carbs on a hot day. For that reason I like to run a regulator. I'm just running a normal run of the mill regulator, but their are units that incorporate a return line.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
@AuroraGirl & @Squirrely Brother Those fuel filters you are talking are really great. On a square that is single line I'd simply install a return type fuel pump and plumb it in. But one of the best things about the return fuel filter is that you can mount it right up close to the carb. I've done that on old class c motorhomes with vapor lock issues.

For some of us we have found that 6PSI is to much for our carbs on a hot day. For that reason I like to run a regulator. I'm just running a normal run of the mill regulator, but their are units that incorporate a return line.
oh. edelbrock website made it seem that was on-the-spot for their 1406. i figured 6 psi with maybe the rubber line was enough give to maybe lower enough. or a fuel filter with a return vapor could be enough to bleed off pressures.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
oh. edelbrock website made it seem that was on-the-spot for their 1406. i figured 6 psi with maybe the rubber line was enough give to maybe lower enough. or a fuel filter with a return vapor could be enough to bleed off pressures.

It is what it is. I'm not 100% sure why they sell the pump they do and I know some folks have had great luck with them. I've also seen Edelbrocks reject anything over 5psi. And some folks not running a regulator or special pump running god only knows how many psi of fuel pressure and they are happy. I have just found that a regulator something that can be adjusted to what the carb likes has been the way to go for me, and at the shop at least.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
It’s really why I’m gonna hold off replacing the fuel pump as long as it works and no leaks in every way except fuel drain back which a 5 $
Dollar check valve in line before my wix filter fixed

if I have to replace fuel pump period, qjet is going on

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
12turnda