Carburetor on my 82' C20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VPC20HD

Reaction score
First Name
Vincent
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 HD
Engine Size
350/5.7/LT9
Hello,

I had my 82' C20 worked on and had the Rochester Carburetor replaced. The person who replaced the Carburetor I believe put the wrong one on. The reason why I believe it's the wrong Carburetor because I have paperwork stating the correct Carburetor for my truck is part #17080513. The one that was put on is part #17080213. (I found the paperwork after the Carburetor was replaced) The two part numbers are off by one digit and im sure there's a difference but I have no clue what the difference is. Can anyone tell me if the one I have is ok or do I need to replace it with the correct part number.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
It's always preferred that the existing carburetor be rebuilt vs replaced, as there were a lot of variations. The best case I think, if you still have your old carburetor is to have it rebuilt, and remove the one you installed. With that said it is totally possible that the one you installed which is off by one number is calibrated the same, I doubt anyone here can tell you for sure. Do you know who rebuilt the one you installed, and where you got it from? Does it run the truck ok? If it runs ok, I'd not worry about. Another option is to call national carburetors, explain the situation and see if they can look up the difference in the carburetors. Hopefully that is at least a little helpful.

mtbadbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
Ask the guy who rebuilt it, or call a reputable rebuild shop & ask what the difference it. It could be that one came from a 305 engine, or it could be that one is for an auto, one for a standard, also one might have slightly larger mains. I would guess that if it went on your truck & all the linkages, including the chokes, vac pull-offs, etc..were the same, then it's probably a minimal difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chad112507