Edelbrock Adapter questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
You're right, it's that flat piece of steel that you need 2 gaskets for. When I initially purchased my carb (I purchased it directly from Edelbrock), I couldn't get it to seal. I called their Tech Line and was told no way would it seal without the plate, and the sales person should have told me. I put the plate on and it solved my vacuum leak problem.

I apparently opened a can of worms also. I was just trying to put out there the issue I had with the same model carb on another vehicle, to a person who was asking for help. It turned into me finding out who was the smartest person in the room.

It's just the internet, I'm sure it's just a minor misunderstanding. When someone reads something in their mind and types it out, it often doesn't read the same way to someone else.

Thesiger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Thadd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Have all the part's I need I think to just do the Edelbrock conversion, along with the other things like vac leaks check

Octane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Most everything else common has been gone through, though it is a fairly tired little engine. make's around 35 p oil pressure. plugs, wires, cap, rotor, haven't vacc tested, bought the tool though. the used Edelbrock I got came off a running dodge magnum so not too worried about that. All good stuff guys
35psi is good

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Obviously you are much smarter than I am. A fuel pump pumps fuel. As long as it's the right one for my application, I use it.

If my info helps fine if not, don't worry about it.

Been playing with farm equipment, cars and trucks for 50 years, I have done ok so far.
Well this one ^and #30 both feel like a dig at me. Am glad you've done well for 50 years I got my first GM training 80 or 81 got my first job as a tech 1978, GM dealer trained,VW dealer trained,years and years of independent shops,franchise shops,owned my own shop. Yep with yellow pages ads,employess,credit card machine. Never tried to figure it out but it's probably safe to say I've made millions working on cars. So I've done okay too. Have a great day, and no not the smartest man in the room.As a matter of fact I gave you props for actually checking your fuel pressure. I told you I know nothing about AMC pumps,you told me its the same as any other mechanical pump,post#24. They are not all the same.

Last edited:

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Have all the part's I need I think to just do the Edelbrock conversion, along with the other things like vac leaks check
Be sure you have a the ability to check TV geometry,not saying you need a correction arm,bit saying you don't. If you end up needing one still check geometry,after install. Serious improper TV operation KILLS 700r4s doesn't give you earnings,it's not an oops guess I should adjust that. It's an oops I should have checked that,well time to pull my transmission. And I still recommend a compression test on anything before changing a carbureator in relation to a drivabilty problem. Also the rule of thumb is ignition first,if the distributor is not working correctly,as in advance,and retard,both mechanical,and vacuum. As well as correct timing. The carbureator is not going to work correctly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod