Drum keeps locking up...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Here are some images showing a set of NOS 13.5's that I recently picked up on ebay. The paint/primer color gives them away as from military stock.

They had never been touched, so you could use them as comparison to see if your's are assembled correctly.

BTW - How do you make those giant images like you posted above? They are awesome - the way they allow a viewer to see in good detail without linking and downloading:

You must be registered for see images attach

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
chengny - Once again you are the man. I will respect your authoritah!!! Looks like I'll be tearing that driver's side apart again, hopefully this time it works. I appreciate the extra example shots - and damn nice find on those military drums. Very very nice find!

And I use photobucket as my image host. Once you upload to photobucket, they provide a "direct link" that you paste into the IMG generator in these reply boxes. Thats all I have to do - and what you see in my posts is what it creates. Pretty neat huh?

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
And I use photobucket as my image host. Once you upload to photobucket, they provide a "direct link" that you paste into the IMG generator in these reply boxes. Thats all I have to do - and what you see in my posts is what it creates. Pretty neat huh?

I am going to try Photobucket - thanks.

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
Well I pulled everything apart and discovered that one of the shoes had lost a chunk, so I got them warrantied. Since I didnt need to pay for those, I decided to splurge and get a new hardware kit and a set of new adjusters - I needed them! So now everything is back together and things seem to be working much much better. I'll have to hold off until I've had a chance to put a few hot/rainy miles on the truck to make a final assessment of whether this worked or not - but so far so good.

Oh and I made a promise to myself after the thrid or fourth busted knuckle that I will not be doing this again... If ANYTHING rear brake related goes wrong again - I'm springing for discs. I figured out the whacky combo of parts I need for a dually disc swap so next time thats what I'm doing. And that is final!

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
Well here is the results.... ALL IS GOOD!!!! You have no idea what it is like to suddenly have fully functioning brakes!!!!

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Haha Right On!