Do we have a show us your shop thread?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I would have to kick a vehicle out in the rain to have a lift but I’m considering it.
Working on the trucks on a creeper ain’t bad but the wife and kids car need ramps just to get on to ramps without scraping...

Last edited:

TravisB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I would have to kick a vehicle out in the rain to have a lift but I’m considering it.
Working on the trucks on a creeper ain’t bad but the wife and kids car need ramps just to get on to ramps without scraping...
A lift should give you room for one more instead of move something out. You can stack them!

Like this:
You must be registered for see images attach

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
^ Yes I thought about that aspect, but our layout and the vehicles and toys that get stored inside aren’t conducive to doing what you pictured.
Daily drivers and the square get the garage. Too low ceiling for a lift And the tools aren’t in that garage.
The shop, the left side is useless for anything full size unless I upsize the door. PO put an 8x8 door in it...Jeep, big mower, quad etc fit there.
The big part of the shop gets the boat, camper and truck and effectively uses up all 3 bays and the boat and camper won’t fit anywhere else.

I’d love to put a 2 post right where the black truck is.

MrPink

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
My "Two Car Garage", it is a 1.5 car with an enclosed porch. however since it is framed like a 2 car our insurance considers it a 2 car.

I will be rewiring the whole thing, adding a sub panel and insulating everything. I will more than likely move the gas line for the heater that I removed into the garage so I can put one in there instead of the porch. I will take a more recent picture it has been cleaned up more since these pics.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
Welcome to B rate hillbilly customs.

Poo. I didnt add to this.

Inside of the building attached to the carport.
(I do my transmission work, engine work, and everytbing else thats dirty inside there)

Welding, outdoors.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
The machine shop
(Where i make my living with my dad, and where i do all the precision machining for my projects.

Theres 3 other buildings, but i dont spend time in them much.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Most work on my trucks is done outside in the grass. Only the little 2wd trucks will fit under the top of the sliding door. My 'shop' is just a glorified 40'x20' shed. It originally housed goats or pigs or something. It has concrete on one half and dirt on the other half, which I have layed sheets of plywood over.

Lol, I came across a picture of inside my garage from 10 years ago. No electric and basically empty. There was room for my Impala there, now there's a Camaro buried there.

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size
Lol, I came across a picture of inside my garage from 10 years ago. No electric and basically empty. There was room for my Impala there, now there's a Camaro buried there.
Where is the impala? Cool car

Dutch Rutter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
First picture is what I used to be stuck in. Now in the new house I have a two car garage which makes me feel a little spoiled. Still need to bring over the two dirtbikes and trailer, build some shelves and make a run to the laundry mat for the large blankets and things.

The new garage has also been approved by one of the pups.

austinado16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
1990 w/307k miles on the clock
Truck Model
GMC V1500 Suburban SLE
Engine Size
5.7L TBI/4L60/3.42's
I built this a little over a year ago, after getting the concrete slab poured by a company.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
Some pics of my storage and my shop along with my lot

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
The 3rd picture is for @Vbb199 , the 4th is looking out my back door across the alley from my house. My bride found this lot that just happened to be across the alley from the house that my Mother lived in before her and her husband moved to an assisted living home. We bought the lot then we bought the house and added about 700 square feet to it and it worked out great! This last pic is of my bulletin board above my desk in the shop with pictures of some of the cars that I have worked on this past year and up in the left corner is a picture of my old shop downtown. Also in the 5 bay storage the covered cars are left to right, 63 Corvette coupe, 66 Nova SS clone, 70 LS6 Chevelle, and current project 56 Nomad. The old newspaper clipping shows an old Chevrolet store advertisement from the early 70s giving away tickets for the annual Fireman's Ball

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
The 3rd picture is for @Vbb199 , the 4th is looking out my back door across the alley from my house. My bride found this lot that just happened to be across the alley from the house that my Mother lived in before her and her husband moved to an assisted living home. We bought the lot then we bought the house and added about 700 square feet to it and it worked out great! This last pic is of my bulletin board above my desk in the shop with pictures of some of the cars that I have worked on this past year and up in the left corner is a picture of my old shop downtown. Also in the 5 bay storage the covered cars are left to right, 63 Corvette coupe, 66 Nova SS clone, 70 LS6 Chevelle, and current project 56 Nomad. The old newspaper clipping shows an old Chevrolet store advertisement from the early 70s giving away tickets for the annual Fireman's Ball

Only 3??? Not enough!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pete08