Different tires or LSD in front or back?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
Its this stuff that isnt rust or paint or iron/steel

You must be registered for see images attach

I don't recall seeing that stuff on anything around here.
Maybe on that rusty ass suburban I have that's from. Up north, but other than that, I haven't seen that here.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
80 dollars a tire for new tread that is aggressive is... worse? Id like to hear your reasoning on retread. Im confused lol.
Worse than $100-125 for a whole new tire?
Yes unless your wore out tires are not that old.
Reasons it won't be an issue:
Your truck is not driven much (at all currently) on the highway, so no risk of blowing a tread off at highway speeds.
Reasons it is not cost effective or even possible:
Tires can't be more than 5-6 years old to get a retread. The tires are aged out, especially if they sit outside (UV damage), not on paved surfaces and aren't used regularly.
Just because a tire holds air, doesn't mean it's any good anymore. It's like re-soling a shoe that almost has a hole in the toe.

Now if the tire's you're proposing are less than 5 years old, it could be a viable option, but still not a clear financial savings.
There's other options that I just mentioned.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I don't recall seeing that stuff on anything around here.
Maybe on that rusty ass suburban I have that's from. Up north, but other than that, I haven't seen that here.
Its lichen, its just on my iron because of the hill, wind, trees, etc. Also elevation decides a lot, the weather is really beneficial to it. It just grows everywhere, with perfect conditions it grows more.

and most of my iron has been sitting where it is for 15 years or more lol

@Grit dog the tires i have are new at 180-200 a tire. the same tread on a retread is 80, but i only priced one place and tread design. so im sure it could be less.
What the **** is going on up there????
I said that that if you had one in response to dry air, you wouldnt want to come up here lol. As in, youre body couldnt handle natural flora or weather

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size
Taylor, have you considered mounting the plow to your tractor? With some fab and welding you may be able to do this with parts on site

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Somebody has been spending too much time sunbathing in moldy cranberry bogs. 8 in the V, lichen in the bush, blown out immune system, tetnus in the wahzoo? It makes no ******* sense anymore! I'm thinking the LSD being talked about has nothing to do with the truck?

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Somebody has been spending too much time sunbathing in moldy cranberry bogs. 8 in the V, lichen in the bush, blown out immune system, tetnus in the wahzoo? It makes no ******* sense anymore! I'm thinking the LSD being talked about has nothing to do with the truck?

:happy175:

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Taylor, have you considered mounting the plow to your tractor? With some fab and welding you may be able to do this with parts on site
Maybe eventually. Not this minute

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502

That's what I'm saying, let's talk about the REAL LSD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T3rraBeara