Different tires or LSD in front or back?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Ive always liked big 4x4 trucks since I was a tiny little guy. I ain't Got anything to prove to anyone. My wife loves me. Thats all that matters to me :)
and thus you are at peace

hell, i have nothing to prove to anyone, but i sure make everyone think i am some master or expert country girl because i know medium level mechanical work.

To people who know nothing i must seem like some godly being.

To the guy whos lifted dodge with big tires i smoked because i wanted to go 100mph thought "damn did that grandma car just pass me"
I saw him stomp the gas and try to catch up. i think he got death wobble at 80 and slowed down.
I was late to work, damnit, and he wouldnt let me pass so i did it with about 2 feet of room and questionable time till a hill so whoops better put on the boost

108mph to work really cuts the trip down

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
and thus you are at peace

hell, i have nothing to prove to anyone, but i sure make everyone think i am some master or expert country girl because i know medium level mechanical work.

To people who know nothing i must seem like some godly being.

To the guy whos lifted dodge with big tires i smoked because i wanted to go 100mph thought "damn did that grandma car just pass me"
I saw him stomp the gas and try to catch up. i think he got death wobble at 80 and slowed down.
I was late to work, damnit, and he wouldnt let me pass so i did it with about 2 feet of room and questionable time till a hill so whoops better put on the boost

108mph to work really cuts the trip down

That's the thing I've always thought was gimmicky about dodge 12 and 24 valves.

They make alot of torque, but they're not very fast, just make a bunch of racket and don't go anywhere.

It's pretty ******* bad when the guy down the road with a twin spooley boy 12v with the upgraded head and injectors and all can't keep up with my dad's dirtymax that's just has a tune.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
That's the thing I've always thought was gimmicky about dodge 12 and 24 valves.

They make alot of torque, but they're not very fast, just make a bunch of racket and don't go anywhere.

It's pretty ******* bad when the guy down the road with a twin spooley boy 12v with the upgraded head and injectors and all can't keep up with my dad's dirtymax that's just has a tune.
i think its a matter of design. cummins makes a good engine that has a purpose of work. and most applications are either much bigger or not road applications, so speed has never been the design. gm made dirtymax to compete and to win people over you need to be better on something. fast is one of them probably. then there is ford, but we dont talk about them. woulda been wiser to stick with international harvester.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
"6 in a row, ready to tow, 8 in a v, sit down to pee"
I say BULL ******* ****

Ford sucks ass too.
******* power jokes.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
I'll say my. Opinion,

During the introduction of non turbo passenger diesels, the 6.2 was the big turd, while the 5.9 Cummins and whatever power stroke Ford was probably the better ones..

When adding turbos, the 6.5, still a turd. It was a just turbo turd 6.2

But now?

The 6.6 duramax is on top IMO
The diesel community is gonna see this and be shitting on me here shortly

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
plow on a redo of life.

You must be registered for see images attach

I can plow with better techni

I know @78C10BigTen is not driving his truck right now but, I still think he wants his long bed back. Lol

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
im also not against retreading, i do have places around me that would put the same tread design on the tires for a good price, since 200+ a tire would kill. i can probably find one that offers a snow tread. this evaded my memory until now.i was planning on taking my two worst, fronts, putting back up front, and putting new on rear IF i went this route.

thoughts on retread? Hell for my cost i could put a whole set of retread

Amazon $100-125/ea AT or MT tires, brand new shipped to your door free shipping.
Craigslist - $500 or so for a set of new or fairly new takeoff Ram wheels on steelies, or possibly less for a good used set of tires.

Far better alternatives to re-treading.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Yeah thats pretty hurtful. he has feelings too. I wouldnt wish tetanus ville on anyone, even rusty.

Even rusty

im sorry, ill leave.

On a positive note, I actually got medical confirmation that my fungal skin infection is the same kind as the fungus growing on all my stuff, including the truck.

Got it when I had compromised immune system from 2 separate skin bacterial infections.

WASH YOUR MOLDY METAL

or youll end up like me.

@Vbb199 inline has its place. its not speed.

If you prefer 8 in a V, your old lady is coming home with me.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Amazon $100-125/ea AT or MT tires, brand new shipped to your door free shipping.
Craigslist - $500 or so for a set of new or fairly new takeoff Ram wheels on steelies, or possibly less for a good used set of tires.

Far better alternatives to re-treading.
80 dollars a tire for new tread that is aggressive is... worse? Id like to hear your reasoning on retread. Im confused lol.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
Yeah thats pretty hurtful. he has feelings too. I wouldnt wish tetanus ville on anyone, even rusty.

Even rusty

im sorry, ill leave.

On a positive note, I actually got medical confirmation that my fungal skin infection is the same kind as the fungus growing on all my stuff, including the truck.

Got it when I had compromised immune system from 2 separate skin bacterial infections.

WASH YOUR MOLDY METAL

or youll end up like me.

@Vbb199 inline has its place. its not speed.

If you prefer 8 in a V, your old lady is coming home with me.

V6 or v8.

BTW, the only mold I have here is the **** that grows on the roof of the truck when it's parked under the oak tree for too long. Idk about everything I own being covered in mold....... Sounds serious.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
@SquareRoot mentioned a party there @ your place in one of his posts, and some members chimed in about bringing round up and bush hogs...

Sounds like we need Hazmat suits too.
@82sbshortbed

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
V6 or v8.

BTW, the only mold I have here is the **** that grows on the roof of the truck when it's parked under the oak tree for too long. Idk about everything I own being covered in mold....... Sounds serious.
Its actually natural. Ive researched this. The fungus is always present, around us. But the type that grows on stuff outside in nature comes from soil, trees, etc so in urban areas, less common. out in nature, like me, common. and its also not a fan of dry climates, but it can handle heat and cold well. If you have iron, any kind, it will gravitate to it over the years because it loves iron. It actually steals mine from my food intake. Well, did, its ******* dead because no one can suck the life out of me except me.

But anyway, its not contagious or easy to get UNLESS you are exposed for a long time or have a inmune deficiency already, such as severe bacterial infections.

And its resistant to anti fungals. FOund out that it hates quaternary ammonia salts.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
@SquareRoot mentioned a party there @ your place in one of his posts, and some members chimed in about bringing round up and bush hogs...

Sounds like we need Hazmat suits too.
@82sbshortbed
Nahh, safe under all circumstances except one where a person is gonna die from seasonal allergies or dry air gives them a cerebral hemorrhage

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Its this stuff that isnt rust or paint or iron/steel