Coolant for C20 w/ 350

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevyguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Clayton
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 Litre
You could run most types of coolant in these old trucks if you choose too. However, the traditional green coolant was formulated for rigs like ours, most importantly the brass radiator, and brass heater core. My second choice would be a global or universal coolant which is generally a gold color. If it were me even if I had a long life coolant, I'd still change it / flush it on a regular basis, because those long life additives aren't formulated for our older rigs. The one thing I would never ever pour in my radiator is dexcool. The redish stuff made for the newer GM vehicles. dexcool is known for plugging up radiators and heater cores in any system that isn't perfect. Even in newer GM vehicles that call for Dexcool, at the shop we like to flush them to global, gold fluid when they are serviced. So for me, it's green!
I agree, I run Prime Antifreeze which is made by Prestone and it's the green stuff. Flush the system every 2 years. A year ago I warranted out the radiator after 20 years, and this past summer I replaced the heater core. Hopefully the aluminum replacement will last 27 years like the brass one it replaced.

Clayton

Sent from my SM-A705U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhardiman1