carter afb drains into intake overnight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

75k20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
I have a carter AFB carb and overnight the fuel bowl drains into the intake manifold. this makes the truck have really bad starting problems in the morning.

when I take off the air filter and look into the manifold I can see the fuel sitting in a puddle. i tried to pump the linkage multiple to see if i could get it filled up but could not see any fuel getting squirted out.

is there an adjustment I can make to the float on these carbs? usually, I just give the truck a little bit of starting fluid and once it starts off the fluid I can keep it alive until the bowl fills up again.

any help is appreciated.

potent rodent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
butch
Truck Year
86 and 78
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 and 305
could be a number of things, check your float level ,could be the needle and seat have u check any of these ?

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
I have a carter AFB carb and overnight the fuel bowl drains into the intake manifold. this makes the truck have really bad starting problems in the morning.

when I take off the air filter and look into the manifold I can see the fuel sitting in a puddle. i tried to pump the linkage multiple to see if i could get it filled up but could not see any fuel getting squirted out.

is there an adjustment I can make to the float on these carbs? usually, I just give the truck a little bit of starting fluid and once it starts off the fluid I can keep it alive until the bowl fills up again.

any help is appreciated.
I'd pull the carb off and see if there are any plugs on the bottom that might be leaking or a crack in the body of the carb.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87R10_Cruising