Cant Stop, wont stop.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
I'm too cheap to accelerate the wear on my tires!
What's the date stamp on em? I'll set a reminder to nag you about your unsafe rollers with good tread.

I tell my uncle all the time he needs to swap out his old rubber. They're decades old.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
What's the date stamp on em? I'll set a reminder to nag you about your unsafe rollers with good tread.

I tell my uncle all the time he needs to swap out his old rubber. They're decades old.
They’re brand new, I’m just weirdly conservative with stuff, hah!

semperfiguy98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K20
Engine Size
Just out of curiousity... What speed were you travelling at when you tried to lock up your brakes? It's been my experience that locking up your brakes is easier at 50mph vs 20mph. A couple other things are at play in your scenario as well. Worn shocks can contribute to longer stopping distance. Are your rear brakes adjusted correctly? (Assuming they are drum brakes) When you replaced your pads, did you make sure the pads slide freely in the caliper? Also, brakes pads tend to need breaking in (called bedding in) before they work most efficiently. Just a couple things to think about.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garethrowsell