Cant Stop, wont stop.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
I like lock-em-up brake strength as well. Not that would... but an experienced driver would appreciate the power. Juice brakes all the way for me. Nothing gets hippies off the road than hearing 6 tires skidding at them... oops well I guess I just admitted I like to lock em up at times. But THAT's
understandable!

If I heard 6 tires skidding towards me, I would cringe and wait for the impact. Lol

Why exactly do you all want to skid your trucks around?

I mean you are gonna feather them for a stop.

I guess in my mind I just see a bunch of dudes skidding to every stop. Lol

My Suburban does not have ABS, so I am in no way pro ABS. But I also am in no way excited when someone has to ask how to lock they're brakes up.

As for @TubeTruck, it does not take a one ton swap to lock up your brakes.

Last edited:

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Many performance oriented cars have a button to turn off traction control and abs, which I totally get on the track. I’ve had a couple and it definitely makes it more predictable at the limits when you’re hyper-focused and paying attention.

Not sure I’d care either way in my square though. Never going that crazy. I’ll either have enough time to brake or shame on you for pulling out in front of me.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
The only think I love about Anti Lock brakes is the lower insurance premiums if you vehicle has them. They for as already said, people who can't control a skid, and for those knee jerk reactions to just jump hard on the brake pedal and lose control of the steering. Also for those who can't drive on snow and ice. I rarely touch a brake pedal on powdered snow and ice. If you need your brake pedal on ice other than to finish a complete stop from about a 1-2 mph crawl, then you're going to fast.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
I see where you're coming from. How much vacuum is your engine pulling? I would expect to see about 15" so that your booster would function well.
How does the pedal feel?

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
If I heard 6 tires skidding towards me, I would cringe and wait for the impact. Lol

Why exactly do you all want to skid your trucks around?

I mean you are gonna feather them for a stop.

I guess in my mind I just see a bunch of dudes skidding to every stop. Lol

My Suburban does not have ABS, so I am in no way pro ABS. But I also am in no way excited when someone has to ask how to lock they're brakes up.

As for @TubeTruck, it does not take a one ton swap to lock up your brakes.

**** ya lock 'em up... every opportunity. No of course not, but it's good to have that power all the same. Kinda like you can't have too much torque and HP... you can't have too much braking power (if you are a skilled driver).
I also like really strong dope. I hhhhhaa hhave a really hhhhigh resistance ttto drrugs.. I mean medicine. And booze too... hic.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Drugs are bad mmkay

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
When i got the truck it was not running and the brake lines were so clogged full of sludge the fronts worked but not well and the rears did not work at all. I used a vacuum to drain the whole system while my wife kept the reservoir full for me so as not to get any air in the lines. Once i saw clear pouring out all the fittings i tightening up the fitting while still under vacuum. The brakes are working good now but it feels like they are only working to 75% - 80% of their potential force.

I dont know if they are vacuum or hydra, I have replaced almost all the vacuum lines to everything including the reservoir.

You must be registered for see images attach

Oooohhhh lookit that sweet air cleaner.
Didja ever try to flip the lid lol?

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
I've never heard people advocating for their brakes to lock up. Lol

I've driven bikes and cars over 130 before and never once hoped if I had to hit the brakes I wanted them to lock up. That's stupid imo because you lose steering and control but, whatever makes you happy.

Dude. Thar's nuts and you can count me as a brake locking advocate. I support lockin em up!

Cuz lookit here...it makes a big noise.
People only hear that **** in MOVIES man. Squealing to a stop is a HUGELY powerful skill. Mastery of which , squaling tires for effect , begins with choosing the right time. Sometimes, even when the time chooses you - like in Mother Russia. mastery of the skill.
mastery .
skill .
squal.

Do it and all eyes are on you.
It's handy. ;)
Show em what u want em to see when they look.:waytogo:

BBBURB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zeke
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban SLS
Engine Size
454 7.4L
This is gonna come out making me an *******. But I dont mean anything by it.

How could you design for a Porsche and not know the difference between braking systems?

That is a very valid question. Ill try my best to explain... Im a prototype Engineer. Ive made parts for SpaceX, NASA, Boeing and many Aerospace companies. I dont even ask what they are for. If they tell me I listen, if they dont tell me its none of my business. As a design engineer for Porche they would tell me they needed to make a old 1975 Porche into a GT3 race car. They instructed me to widen the body of the car with the computer. They told me exactly where to widen it. So i scanned in the vehicle with a 3D scanner and I widened it. When they started cutting into the Porches body to widen it I would tell them where to cut, where to pull, what side needed to go higher. I still dont know anything about Porsche's or Boeing or SpaceX Rockets. But i can make something from a drawing on a napkin.

Last edited:

Kim Burke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kim
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
Back to the goop you flushed out of the system? what color was it? If PO accidently put oil in the master, that would give the system a mysterious feel.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
That is a very valid question. Ill try my best to explain... Im a prototype Engineer. Ive made parts for SpaceX, NASA, Boeing and many Aerospace companies. I dont even ask what they are for. If they tell me I listen, if they dont tell me its none of my business. As a design engineer for Porche they would tell me they needed to make a old 1975 Porche into a GT3 race car. They instructed me to widen the body of the car with the computer. They told me exactly where to widen it. So i scanned in the vehicle with a 3D scanner and I widened it. When they started cutting into the Porches body to widen it I would tell them where to cut, where to pull, what side needed to go higher. I still dont know anything about Porsche's or Boeing or SpaceX Rockets. But i can make something from a drawing on a napkin.

Sounds just like my step dad. He is a computer security analyst/Hacker tracker. Very smart. He can tune a car. But that's about all.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Dude. Thar's nuts and you can count me as a brake locking advocate. I support lockin em up!

Cuz lookit here...it makes a big noise.
People only hear that **** in MOVIES man. Squealing to a stop is a HUGELY powerful skill. Mastery of which , squaling tires for effect , begins with choosing the right time. Sometimes, even when the time chooses you - like in Mother Russia. mastery of the skill.
mastery .
skill .
squal.

Do it and all eyes are on you.
It's handy. ;)
Show em what u want em to see when they look.:waytogo:

Dude you ****** crack me up! :happy175:

Youh made me actually lol when I read this.

:eek: that's the look you'd get locking up brakes and squaling tires behind someone. Then probably this next :mad:

Then maybe one of these :flipthebird:

Which you're right equals :happy175: for me.

I'd like to see it on video but, this is what I found.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Wish he was going faster and had bigger tires to make a louder squal. I haven't heard a good one of those in years.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
:boti:
You get me. It's damn near as-if gratuitous burnouts have already become a thing of yester-year. Today's cars simply are.not.cool.
Traction control and anti-lock brakes can SMD. :boxing:

:boxed:

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
:boti:
You get me. It's damn near as-if gratuitous burnouts have already become a thing of yester-year. Today's cars simply are.not.cool.
Traction control and anti-lock brakes can SMD. :boxing:

:boxed:

I hear ya man but, as soon as I put that BBC in my square I'll be bringing back the gratuitous burn out you can bet on that.

:driver:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rons59