Bvllsh!t on craigslist.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
You'd need a money tree to justify those inner fenders and the gear vendor. I wouldn't pay that for those if I did have the money. Seems steep to me. :shrug:

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Unless a real good deal pops up on a square or a GMT400, I'm going to focus on my Blazer this year and put some money back for a project next year.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Unless a real good deal pops up on a square, I'm going to focus on my Blazer this year and put some money back for a square project next year.

Fixed it for ya !!!

But, what does the Blazer need??? It's your DD right??? I'd leave it OEM, and now that it's coming up on spring, I have a feeling a deal on a square will come up. As picky of a buyer as you are, you're now even a better buyer after this last experience. You didn't get hurt to bad on it, and you know you could have actually made a few bucks IF you were willing to do the labor and foot work. But, you got out of alot of headache by letting it go like you did, so it's still all good. :grd:

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Ah, I need to fix a few electrical things on it. It needs to pass inspection this year. I would like to get a hood, bumper and fender for it too. I would also like to do some more mods to it.

If anything does happen to the little 4.3, a TPI 305 will likely go in it.

Yeah, my last square was just a big massive headache. Not that it was a BAD truck, it just ended up needing way more than I cared to put into it. When the 700r4 turned out to be bad...That was the final straw.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yeah, I can understand your frustration after all the issues, then the trans being bad. I was actually shocked you went as far as you did with it having the bent frame.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
NOt a bad find, but he's smokin a pole if he thinks its worth $3200. More like $1200.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
You'd need a money tree to justify those inner fenders and the gear vendor. I wouldn't pay that for those if I did have the money. Seems steep to me. :shrug:

That price was for both NOS fenders and both NOS inner fenders. A year or two ago, I could not find a local NOS fender for my Blazer. I had to buy one through the dealer, from Vintage Parts... with shipping it ended up costing nearly 800 bucks.

And that's only the second GV I've ever found for sale around here, which makes it a good deal because the only other option is the cost of a new one. I'll bet I could pick up that lightly used one (and complete) for half cost of new.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Ahh, OK, I skimmed the ad, I thought it was just inner fenders.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
builder100