Bvllsh!t on craigslist.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
If you have deep pockets, here’s a beauty!
You must be registered for see images attach

People laugh at the price, but that's probably about right. An NOS pad for anything that's even slightly popular to restore is going to cost $$$.

mtbadbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
How people come up with their asking price eludes me as they must be deluded. Asking $19.5k and missing trim? Under hood looks rattle canned and it runs like a bag of ass cold.....but $19.5k..... GTFOH!

C'mon man, he's only about $10k off!

scrap--metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
'85, '81
Truck Model
K10, K20
Engine Size
305, 350
People laugh at the price, but that's probably about right. An NOS pad for anything that's even slightly popular to restore is going to cost $$$.
Original 1970 one year only Camaro parts are a prime example. They bring crazy prices, and often times the parts need repairing.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
If you have deep pockets, here’s a beauty!
You must be registered for see images attach
Haha, there was a guy asking $1000 for a NOS black dash a couple years ago when I was parts hunting. I thought he was nuts. Apparently his bro in Cali is really wacked!

CheemsK1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
The market for NOS parts is niche one. Since there's so few NOS parts lefts for these old trucks, especially degradable bits like dash pads, a premium is typically placed on them. There are quality reproductions, and junk reproductions as well. However some with deep pockets will pay stupid prices for NOS parts, regardless of the quality of repro parts for no other reason than keeping their restoration to maximum level of "correctness." The way I see it though, a quality replacement part is a quality replacement part whether it was made by GM 40 years ago or whatever contractor USA1 uses last week.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
The market for NOS parts is niche one. Since there's so few NOS parts lefts for these old trucks, especially degradable bits like dash pads, a premium is typically placed on them. There are quality reproductions, and junk reproductions as well. However some with deep pockets will pay stupid prices for NOS parts, regardless of the quality of repro parts for no other reason than keeping their restoration to maximum level of "correctness." The way I see it though, a quality replacement part is a quality replacement part whether it was made by GM 40 years ago or whatever contractor USA1 uses last week.

Yeah, certain NOS items tend to attract certain people. It often exceeds the price of new replacements. Last year I paid 1200 bucks for a set of NOS Goodyear GS-C's for my Camaro. It's what I wanted and I don't feel bad that I could have bought modern tires for half the money. I don't have deep pockets though, I just work hard so I can splurge occasionally.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
I think some of these prices are misprints. And d O.E. stuff is valuable to somebody doing a real restoration, wheels,tar top batteries original radios etc. One old cadillac we restored we had to have connelly leathers in england die us correct color and grain leather to redo the seats to truly match original.Then we had to have it flown in,but it was right.All that chits expensive but the car was beautiful and perfect,when finished.
Doing stuff like that,it just cracks me up when somebody lists something .freshly restored,new wrong engine completely,wrong wheels ,wrong color,dash hacked up for a din radio, lowered etc.

Let's put it this way ,if there were only 100 boxes of 223 ammo left in the world and you had one. What would it be worth?

Last edited:

CheemsK1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
I think some of these prices are misprints. And d O.E. stuff is valuable to somebody doing a real restoration, wheels,tar top batteries original radios etc. One old cadillac we restored we had to have connelly leathers in england die us correct color and grain leather to redo the seats to truly match original.Then we had to have it flown in,but it was right.All that chits expensive but the car was beautiful and perfect,when finished.
Doing stuff like that,it just cracks me up when somebody lists something .freshly restored,new wrong engine completely,wrong wheels ,wrong color,dash hacked up for a din radio, lowered etc.
The best "proper restoration" job I've seen was a 65 c10 on another forum. The level of detail was phenomenal, even on items that most wouldn't even think of or notice. This guy went as far as to copying the factory grease pencil marks, and using a punch to make the replacement rocker panels appear spot welded, as the originals would be.

With that said, I've seen some awesome restomods too and have made a few myself. True-to-factory restorations are uncommon because doing so is far more tedious and expensive than just throwing a fresh coat of paint and doing an engine swap.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
The best "proper restoration" job I've seen was a 65 c10 on another forum. The level of detail was phenomenal, even on items that most wouldn't even think of or notice. This guy went as far as to copying the factory grease pencil marks, and using a punch to make the replacement rocker panels appear spot welded, as the originals would be.

With that said, I've seen some awesome restomods too and have made a few myself. True-to-factory restorations are uncommon because doing so is far more tedious and expensive than just throwing a fresh coat of paint and doing an engine swap.
I know which truck you're talking about. You're right, it is beautiful, and the attention to detail is exceptional.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Can anyone with Facebook marketplace tell me if there are any diesel burbs, preferably 4x4, in or around the Sacramento area?

EDIT: or 1975 and older gas models

Thanks

Last edited:

WFO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Can anyone with Facebook marketplace tell me if there are any diesel burbs, preferably 4x4, in or around the Sacramento area?

Thanks
I'm not a member of Fascistbook, but I'm still able to look at their Marketplace.
You should be able to access it too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistafishe