Bvllsh!t on craigslist.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TubeTruck

I'm from Boston. Deal with it.
Reaction score
First Name
Denis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
LQ9
70 Chevelle's had rectangular amber front park lights

You are correct. I was confusing them with the El Camino which had rectangular amber lenses for the base model and round amber for the Malibu/SS. The Chevelle had clear lenses for the base model and amber for the Malibu/SS.

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
Yeah, the guy is completely off his rocker with the price. I was simply trying to point out that the car wasn't worthless garbage.
I'm saying it's worthless garbage. Every part needs to be replaced, repaired or refurbished in some fashion, if it's even possible with all the damage and rot. Not to mention found since it's missing quite a bit.

This is an $800 dash? Been sitting in the pacific northwest elements for years in a half crushed windowless treasure. I can almost smell the mildew from here.
Watching someone try to properly hang/align those rusted out twisted up doors would be hilarious. :badger_1:
You must be registered for see images attach

12 bolt rears weren't specific to SS cars. You could get them on a basic trim package if you ordered it that way. But they still sell for $800-$1k. The suspension would have to be proven for a real buyer to pick it up. The springs and sway bar would have to have the factory tags on it. The SS dash would sell for $4-$800 depending on the gauges. Doors look decent, another $500. Bumpers, $200 for the rear, $100 for the front seeing as the SS Chevelle was the only one that came with the round amber lights, all El Caminos came with them. Not tilt steering but it was a stick so maybe $150 for the column. Drivers fender, $50, passenger is toast. No hood, but the SS hood would go for $1k.

You'd be lucky to get $3500 parting it out

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
If I was a serious collector of such items, I could see maybe $1000 for this one.
It was crushed by a tree and I bet no major piece of it is intact.

Our swapmeet was canceled last week and I bet this pile would have been there for sale.
The meet is called one of the largest on the west coast, so I bet it ruined tons of peoples day when it was announced that it was cancelled.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I'm saying it's worthless garbage. Every part needs to be replaced, repaired or refurbished in some fashion, if it's even possible with all the damage and rot. Not to mention found since it's missing quite a bit.

This is an $800 dash? Been sitting in the pacific northwest elements for years in a half crushed windowless treasure. I can almost smell the mildew from here.
Watching someone try to properly hang/align those rusted out twisted up doors would be hilarious. :badger_1:

I don't own a Chevelle and don't go to swap meets very often at all anymore. But I do know that the 12 bolt rear will sell for 1k even needing refurbed. And the other items I listed before will bring in some cash too, as I've witnessed people forking it out for those item in the past.

But it doesn't matter anyway because the 5k asking price is nuts.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Ok i been goin through many pages to no avail.... wasnt there a craigs add somebody posted for these valve covers at like $200?!! I just grabbed these up from work!

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Damm, the plow on that truck weighs just under 2000 pounds! I had the same plow on a Unimog and had to run a 2400 pound counterweight on the rear. I hope the frame has been beefed up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhardiman1