Bvllsh!t on craigslist.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
https://grandrapids.craigslist.org/cto/d/1986-chevrolet-k30-cummins/6675136047.html. This one was for sale awhile ago. Guess hes still got it. Thinking that would be a good color for my crew cab! Maybe with a 2 tone black

I agree, that's a good color. It's like the mid 70's green, but brighter. It's an interesting truck too... Like the variable turbo controlled by a lever on the shifter. That's a new one on me, I'd like to give it a whirl though.

Your gonna have to educate me what the heck is it? Air compressor?

I've never actually seen one, but I assumed it's a portable compressor. It's got a cord, a motor, what looks to be an oil reservoir, and also has a pressure valve. And it's made by DeVilbis. There doesn't seem to be any kind of pressure tank though.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
https://grandrapids.craigslist.org/cto/d/1986-chevrolet-k30-cummins/6675136047.html. This one was for sale awhile ago. Guess hes still got it. Thinking that would be a good color for my crew cab! Maybe with a 2 tone black
I've seen the build thread on this one on a different site. He does good work, but I don't get why he chose to get rid of the hydro-boost system. Seems as though his braking issues wouldn't exist if he'd left it alone, instead of using a vacuum booster. Iirc, there were a couple other squirrelly things about that build too. Just can't remember them at the moment.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Idk why but ive always kind of liked these little trucks! Idk if 8500 is a good deal or not but hes put some work in it looks like.

https://grandrapids.craigslist.org/cto/d/87-jeep-comanche/6659680527.html
It's priced that way because Jeep. Imo, I'd feel better about the price if it were all one color, or the front axle had been upgraded from the factory dana 30. As it sits it is probably fine, unless you really romp on it, at which point I would expect it to start breaking parts in the front end.

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I've seen the build thread on this one on a different site. He does good work, but I don't get why he chose to get rid of the hydro-boost system. Seems as though his braking issues wouldn't exist if he'd left it alone, instead of using a vacuum booster. Iirc, there were a couple other squirrelly things about that build too. Just can't remember them at the moment.
You remember where the build is at? Id like to check it out. I havnt seen that one. Yea I thought the vacuum brakes was odd too. I didnt think you could run vacuum brakes with a diesel?

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
would it help with mileage any?

Nope. Back when I used to DD my C10, I added a factory plastic air dam and saw a 0% increase in mpg.

legopnuematic

Licensed Junk Dealer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
1971, 1̶9̶7̶4, 1976, 1979,1̶9̶8̶5, 2002
Truck Model
Dart Swinger, Sierra 10, C10 Cheyenne, C10 Big Ten, Silverado 10, Ram 2500
Engine Size
225/6, 350 c.i., 350 c.i., 5.9l Cummins
I agree, that's a good color. It's like the mid 70's green, but brighter. It's an interesting truck too... Like the variable turbo controlled by a lever on the shifter. That's a new one on me, I'd like to give it a whirl though.

I've never actually seen one, but I assumed it's a portable compressor. It's got a cord, a motor, what looks to be an oil reservoir, and also has a pressure valve. And it's made by DeVilbis. There doesn't seem to be any kind of pressure tank though.
Portable compressor is correct. Back in the day quite a few places sold ones like that. Craftsman, Montgomery wards, Kellogg. They were for paint guns or inflating. I have a Craftsman one.
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
You remember where the build is at? Id like to check it out. I havnt seen that one. Yea I thought the vacuum brakes was odd too. I didnt think you could run vacuum brakes with a diesel?

You can, but....

The engine needs a vacuum pump and probably a good sized reservoir in case of multiple brake applications. 6.2/6.5L have vacuum pumps or provision for a belt driven one. I don't think they used them on Dodges, so it would have to be added. Why you would do that when the vehicle already has a hydroboost is beyond me.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
It was on the great lakes site somewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scandia