Build sheet found!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keith Seymore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith Seymore
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
4.3L
I know that there were multiple build sheets just like there were multiple INVOICES, many that had different bottom lines for prices. Depending on who you were if you wanted to see an invoice the dealer had a choice. I know this because I saw at least 3 different ones on my LS6 car in May of 1970.

Are you the first retail owner of your car?

The reason I ask is because Pontiac Division would generate separate billing history card, and subsequent invoices, for each transaction of a company vehicle. If a car was owned by Marketing and then transferred to Engineering they would generate a separate invoice with the appropriate price reductions. I've seen cars with as many as three or four separate invoices before being released for commerce.

For my '87 pickup (driven as a company vehicle "Drive and buy") there was only one invoice generated, but the separate discounts were listed based on employee level, mileage accumulation and current model year vs past model year pricing.

K

You must be registered for see images attach

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
I am the first and the fourth owner . New to me in May 1970 lost it in August 1972 and got it back in November 1976. Both of the build sheets I have are the 8 1/2 x 11 size. One was on the upper side of the fuel tank and the other in the springs of the back seat. I worked at a Chev-Cad dealership from 1968 - 1980, when mismanagement and economy went on.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Maybe.

I see versions called "Car Building Order" and "Production Manifest" in my files, plus a Willmington "Production Broadcast Notice" which is a little different format.

There were smaller slips of paper (3" x 8" or so) with minimal information, like just vehicle identification and RPO codes listed, used in some remote areas like the seat cushion room.

I would consider a proper "build sheet" to be the full 8.5 x 11 piece of paper.

K

The sheet I found under the rear seat of my '70 Impala is very similar to that bottom one you posted. I can't find my picture of it.

Keith Seymore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith Seymore
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
4.3L
The sheet I found under the rear seat of my '70 Impala is very similar to that bottom one you posted. I can't find my picture of it.

If it's an odd format there is a chance it could be a inspection/repair ticket that didn't get thrown away.

K

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
If it's an odd format there is a chance it could be a inspection/repair ticket that didn't get thrown away.

K

My wife took a somewhat ok picture of it for me:

Keith Seymore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith Seymore
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
4.3L
Yes - that is basically the build sheet for the body build.

Doesn't help much, though, because you would need the secret decoder ring to translate the "broadcast code" (ie, "CE" or "KC", also sometimes called "pick codes") back to the GM part number to know what you have. It does tell you the model, sequence number and date, and key codes, and I do see some RPOs that I recognize (A01, C08, U76).

K

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Yes - that is basically the build sheet for the body build.

Doesn't help much, though, because you would need the secret decoder ring to translate the "broadcast code" (ie, "CE" or "KC", also sometimes called "pick codes") back to the GM part number to know what you have. It does tell you the model, sequence number and date, and key codes, and I do see some RPOs that I recognize (A01, C08, U76).

K

I had posted it on an Impala forum several years ago, there was a fella there that actually knew what some of it was. But there's not much to it anyway, it's about as standard as a Custom Coupe can get. V8 and disc brakes were standard. About the only thing interesting is rally wheels, the lamp group and it also has a low washer fluid indicator. But it doesn't even have a clock.

trukman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
5.7 L (350)
The only reason i found it is because im a little thick and a double amputee and i needing to do some rewiring under the dash. It was alot easier to just take the seat out and lay on the floor than try lay upside down hanging off the seat lol

Mad gimp, Believe me, I know some of what your talking about (each condition has it's own challenges as we well know.). I'm a paraplegic and have the same trouble trying to work on my vehicle. My son used to be my "dash rat" until he deployed (Army) and I sure do miss having him do the "hard" stuff for me. People with disabilities just have to get more creative but we can get a lot more done than people think.

Hang in there and good luck!

Remember, "no problems, only challenges!" (At least that's what I keep telling myself.)

Mad gimp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
Mad gimp, Believe me, I know some of what your talking about (each condition has it's own challenges as we well know.). I'm a paraplegic and have the same trouble trying to work on my vehicle. My son used to be my "dash rat" until he deployed (Army) and I sure do miss having him do the "hard" stuff for me. People with disabilities just have to get more creative but we can get a lot more done than people think.

Hang in there and good luck!

Remember, "no problems, only challenges!" (At least that's what I keep telling myself.)

Yes sir. It hasnt slowed me down just changed how i do things lol. I used to havr a couple of them "dash rats" myself and like you both of them went to the army. Ones back home now but is out on his own and works alot. The other is stationed in Hawaii. The 3rd son still at home but he doesnt take much intrest in garage work.

Doug13

Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
Truck Model
Surbanban
Engine Size
350c.i.
I've got the build sheet on my '91 Foxbody Mustang [LX 5.0]and blue plastic key that was never used . I found both of them together under the back seats . I'm second owner of this car .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Twistedgmt400