broken bolt on modulator valve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt69olds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton
Engine Size
455 Olds
Another really low buck idea: get a piece of 5/16 all thread. Cut it to about 1 1/2 inches long. Clean the case really well, lay the all thread on the remaining part of the case, smear a blob of JB Weld to lock it in place, use a nut on the all thread to hold the modulator in place.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Another really low buck idea: get a piece of 5/16 all thread. Cut it to about 1 1/2 inches long. Clean the case really well, lay the all thread on the remaining part of the case, smear a blob of JB Weld to lock it in place, use a nut on the all thread to hold the modulator in place.
I would at least want to make some scribes or something for jb weld to latch onto that is able to increase that surface area and maybe provide stronger side load support. im just Saying that because it seems like it could be a thing but i could be wrong

potent rodent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
butch
Truck Year
86 and 78
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 and 305
I would at least want to make some scribes or something for jb weld to latch onto that is able to increase that surface area and maybe provide stronger side load support. im just Saying that because it seems like it could be a thing but i could be wrong
no u r notwrong iv done the same thing when im welding on some parts grind a small v into the metal and weld it .

potent rodent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
butch
Truck Year
86 and 78
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 and 305
i order the mod repair strap kit hope to get it soon, want to thank every body for there help and info.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg