91 5.7 TBI hesitation problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

itsallhistory

Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7 V*
Well, so far so good. Drove it yesterday for a while and my son drove it to school today. He said there weren't any incidents with power loss or hesitation. The converter may have been the issue. Bad thing is I put a whole bunch of new parts on it trying to solve the problem but hey, at least those are parts I would've replaced eventually. Thanks again for all the suggestions.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Well, so far so good. Drove it yesterday for a while and my son drove it to school today. He said there weren't any incidents with power loss or hesitation. The converter may have been the issue. Bad thing is I put a whole bunch of new parts on it trying to solve the problem but hey, at least those are parts I would've replaced eventually. Thanks again for all the suggestions.

I made that much of a difference? I got to do that to mine and see how she runs. I believe it is the original and is in poor shape and clogged. :popcorn:

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI

Yeah, thats usually a last resort, as the cat is usually the most expensive to replace. nonway to test on the vehicle, unless you use a boost gauge tapped before the cat.
John, whens your next inspection? if you pull that cat off, that thing will sound like a 454!

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
John, whens your next inspection? if you pull that cat off, that thing will sound like a 454!

February. Maybe I'll hold out. I don't want it noisy. I am hoping to have the money for a new cat and y-pipe from next tax return. I am going to try and find used manifolds in the junkyard to clean up and re-stud. Maybe even get lucky enough to find a decent y-pipe. But yah, I need all that **** replaced, among other things.. :rolleyes:

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
February. Maybe I'll hold out. I don't want it noisy. I am hoping to have the money for a new cat and y-pipe from next tax return. I am going to try and find used manifolds in the junkyard to clean up and re-stud. Maybe even get lucky enough to find a decent y-pipe. But yah, I need all that **** replaced, among other things.. :rolleyes:

You might just see how much a shop would charge you to fab one up with a nice Y connector.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
You might just see how much a shop would charge you to fab one up with a nice Y connector.

They rape you here.

Sent from my iPod Touch 4th Gen using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K5Chris