87 Mechanical Issues Need Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TruckCo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Hey guys,

I got a few things going on am and looking for input from the pros in this forum. Finally got my truck back from the body shop and took it to a local car show. My truck is an 87 350 with an earlier Pro Flo EFI kit on it. Truck drove absolutely flawless to the show. When I left, I noticed while driving my oil pressure gauge read 60psi however when I came to a stop sign the needle would drop close to 0 but then the needle would do a 360 and vibrate up and down and look like windshield wipers until I got back up to speed again.

After dropping my friend off, I started my truck up, it fired right up, but before I could put it in drive, it died. Started it again, cranked the normal time, fired right up, and died again. I started it and gave it a small rev, and it idled fine and drove beautiful home. I figured with the high pressure fuel pump on the frame, that it wasn't that, because I figured itd either work, or be dead. I had no loss in power and it drove without a hiccup home.

I also noticed when I got home after opening my garage, that when I put the truck into Drive, that it shifted hard into drive. R and N were fine to shift into but D was hard to shift into. It didn't bang when it went into gear, its almost like a linkage is binding.

So I have a few things going on, I'm wondering if the Pro Flow kit has a sensor with the oil pressure that caused the engine to die? Or I'm wondering if there's anything that may be dirty and need cleaning on it. If the truck has a low oil pressure shutoff I assume it would be of the sensor itself and has nothing to do with what the gauge is actually reading. At no point was the motor wrapping or making bad noises. And is it possible these trucks just have hiccups and what happened to me is "normal".

Thank you guys.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad