76 gmc 350

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffery russell

Reaction score
First Name
jeffery
Truck Year
Truck Model
gmc c25
Engine Size
I'm finally getting to build an mild 350 cause now I have adult money but not alot of it.
I'm boring it .030 over with flat top pistons and a sum 1103 camshaft.
I'm taking the 991 heads and putting 1.94 intake valves in it and keeping the 1.5 exh valves and putting .550 max lift springs on the heads.
a sum-226012 intake with a 1406 edelbrock carb and a hei distributor and a hv oil pump.
also putting a set of long tube headers
I'm thinking of timing it a 2250rpms at 32 degrees. any advice would be taken in consideration.
no I'm not buying new heads right now i gave myself a budget and I'm trying to stick to it.
all parts have been order and im waiting on the machine shop to get my engine back.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
I'm doing a similar build right now.

Did you check the deck height and quench area for your piston/engine/head combo? I found mine to be really bad with the pistons( 1.55" compression height) giving the stock motor a .035-.038 deck height. I'm having the machine shop deck it .020" and am running sealed power H345DCP30 pistons with a 1.548" compression height. That should give me a .017" deck height and then I'm using a chevrolet performance head gasket that will have a .028" compressed thickness. The standard Fel-Pro gaskets have a .039" compressed thickness, which will give you a stupid big quench area, especially with a standard deck height and cheaper pistons with a lower compression height(most are 1.54").

That combo will give me around 9:1 Static compression and about 8.05:1 dynamic compression with the summit K1102 cam that I'm planning on using. I'm also reusing the stock intake manifold and quadrajet that I rebuilt a year or so ago. I got some refreshed 882 heads locally that I'm doing a mild pocket port and combustion chamber polish on and then sending it. I found that the cost of doing a deck, valve guides, and valve job on the original heads was almost as much as just buying summit iron heads(they are only $700 shipped for a complete set), so I decided to use a refreshed set that someone in a local squarebody group had sitting around from a previous build.

I'll be into it for about $1000-1200, all-in, for the machine work and parts when its done.... It's really just a filler motor for a few months until I'm ready to swap in the 454/4L80E and the complete fuel injection harness/computer

jeffery russell

Reaction score
First Name
jeffery
Truck Year
Truck Model
gmc c25
Engine Size
The pistons I'm using are these
You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads