76 c10 quadrajet replacement part numbers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

squarebiz

Reaction score
First Name
jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I'm lookng for quadrajet carb replacement, i found the oem carb, but no elect choke, i been told i can use one from newer truck, but will the emissions pass smog in calif ? i already failed smog with edelbrock 1400, so i need some advice.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
i doubt a electric choke would pass smog as you are modifying your original emissiions equipment. even if upgrading.
your current one is thermostatic wire choke yes? hot air choke as they say

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
I'm lookng for quadrajet carb replacement, i found the oem carb, but no elect choke, i been told i can use one from newer truck, but will the emissions pass smog in calif ? i already failed smog with edelbrock 1400, so i need some advice.

Failed the visual or failed the emissions? You should be able to pass emissions with a mechanically sound engine and an edelbrock carb that is properly tuned. As long as your emissions vacuum routing diagram is followed on the core support, you should have no problem switching to an electric choke. The emissions testing is performed on a warmed engine, right?

You should go on a nice long drive before taking it to the testing center to make sure it is nice and hot. You should also look around for a place that is familiar with carbed vehicles and have them properly tune and set up the carb. You can't just expect to pull a carb that is generically set up for a million different models of vehicle and expect it to have the correct jetting and idle mixture set. A good shop should be able to hook an A/F mixture sniffer into your exhaust and tune the carb properly to get you into the right spot. Emissions levels on a 76 are a joke and you should be able to pass those levels with a pretty poorly running engine with modern ignition system components and a properly tuned carb.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaron06