67 AMC 343 engine locked up since 2004, Maybe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
Since you're willing to scrap the Buick, why don't you take 4 good pics of it. Outside, Under the hood, and interior. Write a detailed ad stating no title, bill of sale only, ask $1500 for it, take the first $1000 offer and go buy you a Square??? Maybe with a Square that has potentional, you'll quit wasting time, energy and thought on those other junk piles. Honestly, I'd clean that **** up out there and take it over the scales and you have some good cash to make one helluva nice square.

I know the boom truck aint new but you do realize that new brick n block boom truck would cost $150-200K at least.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
Here's pics of the 1949 Buick Super Convertible. Remember seeing these pics on the sesame street forum HR?

You must be registered for see images attach

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I bet you could get a meant out of that thing as-is! A LOT of good usable chrome trim pieces on that and I'm sure those are HARD to find

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
I bet you could get a meant out of that thing as-is! A LOT of good usable chrome trim pieces on that and I'm sure those are HARD to find

Really? That was a flood car too. Still has the engine and trany in it too.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
So what, the car is restorable in the right hands, and that one IS worth restoring unlike that Ambassador. Do you not see the difference yet? And yes, the chrome alone on that car is worth money. Do the car some justice and list it for $2000 and see what happens. You might even get $1500 for it. The hood emblem alone would probably surprise you. Now don't go getting greedy just cuz we say it's worth something. Be practical, let someone else get a killer deal on it that will do it justice, you make enough to buy you a square, forget about all that other junk out there that the owner thinks is worth something, and let it sit til it rots and concentrate on maintaining your Z71 and building your Square. That's the hot plan for you. :grd:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I do beleive that sheet metal is salvable too. Remember sheetmetal in the 40's is alot stronger than sheetmetal of today. It would have to be soda blasted down to shiney metal, cleaned, treated, self etching primer, then paint. Alot of work for someone but it's dooable. And the car has the OEM motor and trans too? It should be a cast iron DynaFlow automatic, so it might not 100% salvagable but the trans will have at least some good hard parts in it. The motor block can possibly be saved with Electrolysis. Go for it, just sell it to someone who'll appreciate it and that becomes their problem. I'd love to see that car back on the road someday.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
That car is shot. I had someone look it at back in 2007 and he said I might $300 for it at the most. The emblems/badages are pitted really bad too. The only thing worth count is split windshield, windshield trim, and the radio antenna thats still there. There's no seats in to. The inside is rusted down to the frame where the seats go.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
You must be registered for see images

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Ah, a bombsight...I've seen worse saved...And it's worth way more than $300...

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
It's worth way more than $300 just for what it is. You'd be surprised what some guys can do to those pitted emblems. Sometimes they can be polished down enough the pits actually get polished out. Just run the CL ad for $2500 and see what might happen. That is the type of car someone may jump on a plane to come see it and schedule a transport to deliver it. Be expected to show an ass load more pictures, and I suggest you do because what's good to you is not good to someone else, and what's bad to you is good to someone else. Using that radiator as an example. You think it's fine, the buyer didn't think it was worth $30 and most of us agreed by the pics. Just try it and get some cash for a square and earn a little respect on the forum !!

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
It's worth way more than $300 just for what it is. You'd be surprised what some guys can do to those pitted emblems. Sometimes they can be polished down enough the pits actually get polished out. Just run the CL ad for $2500 and see what might happen. That is the type of car someone may jump on a plane to come see it and schedule a transport to deliver it. Be expected to show an ass load more pictures, and I suggest you do because what's good to you is not good to someone else, and what's bad to you is good to someone else. Using that radiator as an example. You think it's fine, the buyer didn't think it was worth $30 and most of us agreed by the pics. Just try it and get some cash for a square and earn a little respect on the forum !!

:beatdeadhorse5:
You'll give up one of these days.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
No I won't. Dave will get sick of me telling him **** and finally do it.

Your right. If I had the title to the boom truck Id scrap it. But til then I gotta fix it up as the owner requested.

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks that '49 is worth saving. I know someone will give you more than double scrap price for that. And I've seen waaay worse cars restored back to life. Even if you think it's beyond help, it doesn't matter, cause some other guy might think it's worth saving and give you a pretty penny for it.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Really? That was a flood car too. Still has the engine and trany in it too.

It's been sitting in the weeds with no top for who knows how many decades, and you're concerned with it being a flood car?

I'm sure there's some guys out there that would LOVE to have at car for parts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87POPS