67 AMC 343 engine locked up since 2004, Maybe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
Will old 10w-30 and sae 30 oil thats mixed hurt a 343 engine that is locked from being in a flood. The flood washed all oil in the engine and trany out. I need some ideas on what to put in the trany and engine to try relube it in oil again.

I get smelly engine dipstick some oil on it but smells like creek water. I nothing but a dry dipstick on the crysler or wisconson trany.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Sounds to me like it's pretty much worthless if it's been flooded and left with water in it. Likely no amount of lubing will save it without extensive machine work.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
Sounds to me like it's pretty much worthless if it's been flooded and left with water in it. Likely no amount of lubing will save it without extensive machine work.

The only water that probably still in there is whats in the bottom of the oil pan. I'm only getting a little drop of oily water on the tip of the engine dipstick.

But I have to agree with ya though. I see myself pulling both from the car.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Ohhhh this is a flood car??? It's worth nothing but body, and being a 4 door Ambassador, scrap it now while scrap is high. If it were an AMX or something AMC did right, then different story. Fugg it and forget it. Wash your hands with it.

Just as a waste of time tip to answer your question though, only chance in hell is to soak the motor in diesel fuel. Fill the crankcase full of diesel and just let it sit a few weeks in the heat. I'd probably pull the plugs and fill the cylinders with diesel too.

But for real, that car isn't worth the space on this forum worth talking about. And he wants $4000 for it. Smoking a pole hard core !!! And I'm talking a 40foot telephone pole soaked in creosoak.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
Here's pic of the spark plugs out of this car.

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1340739411470.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1340739411470.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 84

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Another car I'd punt on. That one was under water in a flood wasn't it? And now it's sat for how many years? Water rotted and rusted to hell and back. I'd sell it to someone who is an AMC fanatic for a frame off restoration, but that is a car you will NEVER get your money back. IF it were a Javelin or AMX, different story, you'd have a CHANCE of getting something out of it. But not that car. They were never sought after, and never will be.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
I have one question, that pertains to all the junk cars on that property: Why?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I think that's Dave's business to answer that, and not my business as to Why, But I will express my opinion and Dave can take it or leave it, and others can agree or disagree, all that is left on the property is JUNK !!! It's all scrap, trash, junk !!! All the good **** has already been pilferd through and taken by someone. That **** is sitting their for a reason for all this time. Even the crooks didn't want it. Might have half a chance of selling that Jag for parts to someone and I'd say the rest is **** without question. And the Jag isn't worth much.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
I have one question, that pertains to all the junk cars on that property: Why?

I think that's Dave's business to answer that, and not my business as to Why, But I will express my opinion and Dave can take it or leave it, and others can agree or disagree, all that is left on the property is JUNK !!! It's all scrap, trash, junk !!! All the good **** has already been pilferd through and taken by someone. That **** is sitting their for a reason for all this time. Even the crooks didn't want it. Might have half a chance of selling that Jag for parts to someone and I'd say the rest is **** without question. And the Jag isn't worth much.

That jag is worth fixing. I know where 2 of them is at where I can for parts to fix this one up. I'm fixing the AMC up to keep for myself. I'm just fixing the boom truck up enough to show someone that it runs and the boom works. I'll go more into it in detail if the boom truck dont sell. Gonna fix the wrecker bed up and use it too. Gonna fix up the International L150 panel van too.

The only car I agree on thats scrap is that 49 buick super convertible. I'd strip the good parts left and the scrap the rest.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
--That jag is worth fixing. I know where 2 of them is at where I can for parts to fix this one up.
--I'm fixing the AMC up to keep for myself.
--I'm just fixing the boom truck up enough to show someone that it runs and the boom works. I'll go more into it in detail if the boom truck dont sell. Gonna fix the wrecker bed up and use it too.
--Gonna fix up the International L150 panel van too.

The only car I agree on thats scrap is that 49 buick super convertible. I'd strip the good parts left and the scrap the rest.

I've split that out for ya Dave. You have FOUR "projects" that you've identified there along with your F**d. You have the attention span the size of a gnat and you think you're going to fix up any of these things? I'll believe that when I see it. In 10 years we're all going to be sitting on this board tapping on our keyboards and the only progress any of these are going to make are farther down in the mud where they sit now.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
That jag is worth fixing. I know where 2 of them is at where I can for parts to fix this one up. I'm fixing the AMC up to keep for myself. I'm just fixing the boom truck up enough to show someone that it runs and the boom works. I'll go more into it in detail if the boom truck dont sell. Gonna fix the wrecker bed up and use it too. Gonna fix up the International L150 panel van too.

WOW !!! For real??? You think you'll EVER have just 1 of those vehicles running? And why? Really? You want that Ambassador for yourself? Boy, that'll be a big hit at a car show !! NOT !!! So you'd put thousands of $$$ into a that POS, but not buy a Square that can be fixed up for pennies in comparison. Damn, the pole gets longer !!! Suck it hard !!!

And if none of those are scrap, neither is the 49 Buick. Do you realize the average condition of a 49 Buick that has been sitting in a pasture for humpteen years? Someone out there will go many many miles to pick up that Buick and will with time restore it, or use it for what parts are good to restore another one. Do you have any pics of the 49 Buick? Hell, the Buick is probably or potentially might be the gold mine out of the whole pile of **** out there, and you're talking about scrapping it. :wtf:

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
WOW !!! For real??? You think you'll EVER have just 1 of those vehicles running? And why? Really? You want that Ambassador for yourself? Boy, that'll be a big hit at a car show !! NOT !!! So you'd put thousands of $$$ into a that POS, but not buy a Square that can be fixed up for pennies in comparison. Damn, the pole gets longer !!! Suck it hard !!!

And if none of those are scrap, neither is the 49 Buick. Do you realize the average condition of a 49 Buick that has been sitting in a pasture for humpteen years? Someone out there will go many many miles to pick up that Buick and will with time restore it, or use it for what parts are good to restore another one. Do you have any pics of the 49 Buick? Hell, the Buick is probably or potentially might be the gold mine out of the whole pile of **** out there, and you're talking about scrapping it. :wtf:

I'll post pics of the buick later. You want pics of the 3 axle trailer too?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Since you're willing to scrap the Buick, why don't you take 4 good pics of it. Outside, Under the hood, and interior. Write a detailed ad stating no title, bill of sale only, ask $1500 for it, take the first $1000 offer and go buy you a Square??? Maybe with a Square that has potentional, you'll quit wasting time, energy and thought on those other junk piles. Honestly, I'd clean that **** up out there and take it over the scales and you have some good cash to make one helluva nice square.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'll post pics of the buick later. You want pics of the 3 axle trailer too?

Naw, we've seen pics of the scrap Iron trailer that the owner wanted way to much money for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87POPS