67-72 Long Bed Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EightyEight

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Truck Model
V30
Engine Size
Hello everyone! I currently have an 88 V30 CCLB with a flatbed that I'm getting rid of, I'm converting it to SRW and putting a regular long bed on... Has anyone ever seen or done a 67-72 long bed swap on a Squarebody? I love the look of these beds and the tail lights but I'm not sure how well the sides will line up with the cab? I've seen a few squarebody beds for sale but Idk if I want to go back with that, I may go with a newer 2015 takeoff bed, I've seen one of those on a Squarebody locally and looked alright, wasn't perfect but looked pretty good. If you got pics you'd be my jesus I can't find anything on google or searching forums :)

Charlie

Mopar by Birth. Chevy by Choice.
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne 10 LWB
Engine Size
350/TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
:welcome:

WFO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle. The older and newer bed's lines don't match at all.

EightyEight

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Truck Model
V30
Engine Size
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle. The older and newer bed's lines don't match at all.
Thanks, glad to be around some like minded bowtie fellas! Bed lines? Some creative body work can make bed lines really good, lined up or not. I'm curious about cab to center axle measurements, width compared to the cab, and whether the bedsides hang higher/lower than the bottom of the cab...Any input?

EightyEight

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Truck Model
V30
Engine Size
A long step would be seamless.

Great Idea!....was looking at one on ebay for $535 + $450 freight off of a 58 chevy, the measurements were almost perfect. BUT THEN I found a local 1960 chevy c10 with a longbed stepside in even better shape, $80 for the whole truck!!! I already pulled the bed off of it I'm gonna scrap the cab/frame, unless anybody knows someone who needs a straight 60 chevy cab?

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Great Idea!....was looking at one on ebay for $535 + $450 freight off of a 58 chevy, the measurements were almost perfect. BUT THEN I found a local 1960 chevy c10 with a longbed stepside in even better shape, $80 for the whole truck!!! I already pulled the bed off of it I'm gonna scrap the cab/frame, unless anybody knows someone who needs a straight 60 chevy cab?
Pics are a must!!!

EightyEight

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Truck Model
V30
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

Also the fender where the spare tire mounts has already been flushed, ie the indent removed and welded over, which I was going to do anyways, huge plus :). My buddy has a mobile media blasting service he's gonna clean it up for me in a couple weeks after I remove the current flatbed, mount the rear frame mount gas tank, disc brake conversion, and SRW conversion. Truck's getting a huge style change soon, can't wait!

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
You must be registered for see images attach

Also the fender where the spare tire mounts has already been flushed, ie the indent removed and welded over, which I was going to do anyways, huge plus :). My buddy has a mobile media blasting service he's gonna clean it up for me in a couple weeks after I remove the current flatbed, mount the rear frame mount gas tank, disc brake conversion, and SRW conversion. Truck's getting a huge style change soon, can't wait!
Check out the pic I put up in your other thread ....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lepak