427 tall deck rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
It's ok you probably have a mouse engine in your truck..

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
That's some funny **** there, lol, but unfortunately I do have one in the new Burb, BUT that problem will be resolved.. :D

kellerbm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
427 tall deck
You can use a 6.385 too and keep the pin away from the rings..
No you can't, That is only good for a standard deck height. Might work if you used the original tall deck pistons, but those aren't easy to find.. nor are they desirable.

kellerbm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
427 tall deck
That's some funny **** there, lol, but unfortunately I do have one in the new Burb, BUT that problem will be resolved.. :D
What size rat you running in the old girl?

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
No you can't, That is only good for a standard deck height. Might work if you used the original tall deck pistons, but those aren't easy to find.. nor are they desirable.

****, that is correct and I know better... Some days a person should not get out of bed, speak, or touch a fkn keyboard, yesterday was not a good day at all too much negative ****, sorry for the wrong info.:banghead::Stupid Me::Stupid Me:

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
What size rat you running in the old girl?

Big Red has a big block but the new one is a half ton and came with a torqueless wonder 350, but I have a 468 from my old dually that's gonna end up in there.

kellerbm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
427 tall deck
****, that is correct and I know better... Some days a person should not get out of bed, speak, or touch a fkn keyboard, yesterday was not a good day at all too much negative ****, sorry for the wrong info.:banghead::Stupid Me::Stupid Me:
You're a moron. The standard rod length is 6.135, a 6.385 rod is for a standard deck with 4.25 stroker crank. Tall deck is 10.2... standard is 9.8; when you subtract the two you get .4 that is the deck height difference. Add .4 to 6.135 you get 6.535... That is the correct rod length for a tall deck with a 4.25 stroker crank. I did the research and built one... so please by all means feel free to shut the f up and smack your face off that key board.
You must be registered for see images attach

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
You're a moron. The standard rod length is 6.135, a 6.385 rod is for a standard deck with 4.25 stroker crank. Tall deck is 10.2... standard is 9.8; when you subtract the two you get .4 that is the deck height difference. Add .4 to 6.135 you get 6.535... That is the correct rod length for a tall deck with a 4.25 stroker crank. I did the research and built one... so please by all means feel free to shut the f up and smack your face off that key board.
You must be registered for see images attach

What color is that block? Grey? It looks awesome. Worlds better than say... the color of that water toy leaning against the wall behind the redish/orange
floaty thing.

Dish

Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
85 blazer frame 49 truck body
Engine Size
400 sbc
You can build a monster motor out of a tall deck need to check out skip white performance in kingsport tn.. for your motor parts check them out prices are worth the look

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajiuo666